Changing or Setting New Window Size

April 18, 2005 6:33:47 PM

When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).

Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
size.

Thanks,
Ken
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:13:29 AM

<ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

>When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
>rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
>folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).
>
>Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
>you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
>size.

Make your settings for one folder, then go to Tools > Folder Options >
View and press the "Apply to all Folders" button.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the past?

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:
>
>>When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
>>rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
>>folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse
>>windows).
>>
>>Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
>>you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
>>size.
>
> Make your settings for one folder, then go to Tools > Folder Options >
> View and press the "Apply to all Folders" button.
>
> --
> (tm)
April 20, 2005 12:47:22 AM

"Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
>cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the past?

Yes. You have to re-setup the folders.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

That setting only changes the default VIEW (details, icon, etc)...not the
default size of a new window.

Anyone know how to do this...reg editing doesn't scare me.

Thanks,
Ken
> "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
>>cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the
>>past?
>
> Yes. You have to re-setup the folders.
>
> --
> (tm)
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:35:07 PM

"Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

>That setting only changes the default VIEW (details, icon, etc)...not the
>default size of a new window.

Then try this: resize the window and press CTRL while you close it.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Hello, Thorsten!
You wrote on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:35:07 +0200:

TM> "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

TM> Then try this: resize the window and press CTRL while you close it.

I've experienced same problem but this doesn't work for me to fix it.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip.nospamplease@bigfoot.com
April 20, 2005 10:49:26 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:33:47 -0400, <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

> When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
> rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
> folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).
>
> Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
> you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
> size.

I'm having trouble visulizing what you're talking about, but to keep
visual clutter to a minimum on my computer, I prefer to view my
folders in "list" form. View > List
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:57:02 AM

Nope...no luck. I can't believe that there's no way to set the initial size
of a folder. It's gotta be hiding somewhere in the reg...but I've had no
luck finding it. Windows knowledgebase doesn't have any clue either.

news:o 2OB5tXRFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!