Changing or Setting New Window Size

When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).

Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
size.

Thanks,
Ken
8 answers Last reply
More about changing setting window size

    <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

    >When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
    >rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
    >folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).
    >
    >Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
    >you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
    >size.

    Make your settings for one folder, then go to Tools > Folder Options >
    View and press the "Apply to all Folders" button.

    --
    (tm)

    Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
    cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the past?

    "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

    >Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
    >cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the past?

    Yes. You have to re-setup the folders.

    --
    (tm)

    That setting only changes the default VIEW (details, icon, etc)...not the
    default size of a new window.

    Anyone know how to do this...reg editing doesn't scare me.

    Thanks,
    Ken
    > "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to change new folders without having to change my existing
    >>cache of folders? Will that wipe all of the settings I've made in the
    >>past?
    >
    > Yes. You have to re-setup the folders.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

    >That setting only changes the default VIEW (details, icon, etc)...not the
    >default size of a new window.

    Then try this: resize the window and press CTRL while you close it.

    --
    (tm)

    Hello, Thorsten!
    You wrote on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:35:07 +0200:

    TM> "Ken S" <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

    TM> Then try this: resize the window and press CTRL while you close it.

    I've experienced same problem but this doesn't work for me to fix it.

    Thanks,

    Colonel Blip.
    E-mail: colonel.blip.nospamplease@bigfoot.com

    On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:33:47 -0400, <ken@sealicemanor.com> wrote:

    > When you open a newly created folder window in XP it seems to set it to be
    > rather large. When you're digging through a zip file with folders within
    > folders your screen can get quickly covered (I don't want to reuse windows).
    >
    > Is there any way to set the default size for a folder window? I know once
    > you resize it that will be remembered, but I'd like to change the initial
    > size.

    I'm having trouble visulizing what you're talking about, but to keep
    visual clutter to a minimum on my computer, I prefer to view my
    folders in "list" form. View > List

    Nope...no luck. I can't believe that there's no way to set the initial size
    of a folder. It's gotta be hiding somewhere in the reg...but I've had no
    luck finding it. Windows knowledgebase doesn't have any clue either.