Best cpu

Hello,
which is the best amd or intel
8 answers Last reply
More about best
  1. Up to your personal needs. If you game, both are good. Video encoding, Intel. Overclocking, AMD. All about preference, needs, and budget.
  2. Hi :)

AMD 1100T ...imho....

All the best Brett :)
  3. Gaming, productivity, video work, or just general purpose?
  4. +1^ will depend on your purpose. However make no doubt the 1100t is a very good AMD CPU, one of the best AMD processors made but it is very rare. I wanted to buy one but I can't find any new ones, I had to settle with a Phenom II X4 955 which has lesser performance and is only a quad core.

That being said for gaming I would go for the 3570k.
  5. socialfox said:
    +1^ will depend on your purpose. However make no doubt the 1100t is a very good AMD CPU, one of the best AMD processors made but it is very rare. I wanted to buy one but I can't find any new ones, I had to settle with a Phenom II X4 955 which has lesser performance and is only a quad core.

That being said for gaming I would go for the 3570k.

Bunch of brand new 1100t's on eBay, around 300$ though.
  6. payturr said:
    Bunch of brand new 1100t's on eBay, around 300$ though.

Damn, $300! I saw the 1100t in a cached version of newegg that was on a normal price of $199.99. Kind of overpriced....
  7. socialfox said:
    Damn, $300! I saw the 1100t in a cached version of newegg that was on a normal price of $199.99. Kind of overpriced....

Well for a brand new discontinued CPU, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - I really do want one, not enough cash :/ I need a system, probably gonna go with 965.
  8. payturr said:
    Well for a brand new discontinued CPU, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - I really do want one, not enough cash :/ I need a system, probably gonna go with 965.

Interesting, but at the price why not settle for the FX-8350?
    According to this on Skyrim which is kind of a CPU bound game, the FX-8350 beats it.
    http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/5

Anyways the 965 will do just fine for gaming, I'm content with the 955. However, if you want...I'm going to be building a time machine and going back in time to grab a Phenom II X6 1100T (when the prices weren't so high) from the past and bring it back to my current time, you want me to bring you one as well? :lol:

Edit: Found another series of benchmarks, this time with the 1100t, 3570k and FX-8350.
    http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/processors/31312-amd-fx8350?showall=&start=4
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Product