Sign in with
Your question

Zotac AMP! or Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 3, 2012 12:42:14 PM

Im buying a new 670 card and would like opinions on which GPU non-reference design is better. After reading specs, the AMP! seems to have higher specs such as the base and boost clock and memory clock, and it is cheaper as well. Is the AMP! the superior non reference card? I want to get the most bang for my buck
June 3, 2012 1:07:58 PM

I wouldn't buy Zotac personally.

Higher specs? That means it's overclocked. You can overclock any card yourself in about 10 seconds.

I recommend EVGA, Asus, MSI, XFX.

*Looking at Newegg, the Zotac cards are all stock fequencies, not sure what you mean by higher specs.
m
l
June 3, 2012 1:12:46 PM

geekapproved said:
I wouldn't buy Zotac personally.

Higher specs? That means it's overclocked. You can overclock any card yourself in about 10 seconds.

I recommend EVGA, Asus, MSI, XFX.

*Looking at Newegg, the Zotac cards are all stock fequencies, not sure what you mean by higher specs.

Zotac sells a Geforce GTX 670 AMP! Edition non-reference design. Im asking if this design is better than the other non-reference design,s specifically the windforce.

SPECS PAGE:

Model
Model ZT-60302-10P
Interface
Interface PCI Express 3.0* x16 (Compatible with 1.1)
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA®
GPU GeForce® GTX 670
Core clock 1098 MHz (base)
1176 MHz (boost)
Stream Processors 1344
Shader Clock na
Memory
Memory Clock 6608 MHz
Memory Size 2GB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type DDR5
3D API
DirectX DirectX® 11
OpenGL OpenGL® 4.2
Ports
DVI 2 (DVI-I and DVI-D)
HDMI-Ports 1
DisplayPort-Ports 1
VGA (With included DVI-to-VGA adapter)
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
RoHS Compliant Yes
SLI Supported Yes (2-way)
Cooler With fan (2.5-slot)
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
Windows® 7 Capability Certified for Windows® 7 with DirectCompute support
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 1:47:11 PM

Even though I am not a big zotac fan, they actually did a good job with the gtx 670 amp edition. Better cooling, quieter design and it outperforms reference gtx 670s..

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/10/nvidia-launches-gefor...

So if your looking to save money, get it. Otherwise, get the asus directcu II top one. Its got a 10/10 at techpowerup which is very rare. I am getting the Asus one hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Zotac one is good as well.

A video review for zotac http://www.motherboards.org/review/zotac-nvidia-gtx-670...
m
l
June 3, 2012 3:12:07 PM

It's a highly overclocked card, go for it.
m
l
a c 385 Î Nvidia
June 3, 2012 5:25:56 PM

There's a good chance the Gigabyte will be a quieter card, which is usually the case in the past with their Windforce coolers versus the AMP! coolers.
m
l
June 3, 2012 5:36:09 PM

The gigabyte has better cooling and is quieter.
m
l
June 3, 2012 6:00:50 PM

I would personally suggest the GIGABYTE version as opposed to the ZOTAC AMP! EDITION because of these reasons:

1. It is fairly easy to overclock, the GIGABYTE one comes already overclocked
2. The Zotac AMP! EDITION one is more expensive
3. The GIGABYTE one contains a full GTX 680 PCB with a GTX 670 graphics core
4. The cooling of the GIGABYTE GTX 670 is superior to the Zotac one because it has three fans in Triangle Cool configuration to allow for maximum airflow
5. The Zotac AMP! Edition blocks three expansion slot due to the over sized two fan cooler, the GIGABYTE one blocks only two expansion slots - this is important if you plan to SLi in the future
6. The Zotac fans appears to be covered in some sort of plastic - the GIGABYTE one also uses plastic, but more durable ones which covers more of the card than the Zotac one.

Hope this helps!
m
l
June 3, 2012 6:24:36 PM

He said the AMP edition is cheaper.
m
l
February 7, 2013 9:34:22 PM

For anyone searching this for an answer to this question, I have purchased and owned the Zotac GTX 670 AMP! edition for over 6 months now and i can say I am satisfied with it. While i have not had any other graphics card to compare it too, i can say it is VERY quite, looks badass, and most importantly - KILLS at running all games i throw at it. When i bought it, it was $400 - about the same price as a reference 670 card but with specs like clock speeds closer to a 680. I bought it right after launch of the 600 series cards so it was a pretty good deal and still is today.
ONLY problem i have with the card is that is is so big that is literally sags in my case. Having it attached at the rear of the case and the PCI slot is not enough to keep this beast in place. What i did was construct a stand to hold the far side up so that it would stay level. It does diminish from the look - having my card on a cane - but otherwise it is great.

For anyone looking through the forums and trying to decide to commit to the zotac amp! 670 card, i totally recommend it.
m
l
!