Sign in with
Your question

Power adapter with type "L" pin

Last response: in Components
December 7, 2012 9:21:59 PM

I have a startech hd enclosure about 2 years old. I have misplaced the ac power adapter cable. I have been told that the enclosure for which I paid $60 can now be had for $20. I have limited financial resources as I am living on retirement benefits, am handicapped, and cannot afford to keep up with the computer "upgrades". Thus I must make use of computers and accessories I have already paid for rather than junking them to a landfill and purchasing the latest. This is most annoying, not to mention the environmental impact. :( 

This cable has an odd "type L" pin. This is smaller than the usual straight pin. Startech manufactures this cable, but so far has refused to sell me a replacement. They could not/would not give me the measurements of this peculiar pin. I believe it may be 2.1 mm or 2.5mm inside diameter. :??: 

I have searched the internet, but have found only one website which includes a number of different pin sizes to adapt to various situations. Of course, the server crashed, had to restart my search. Used the same web browser/search engine , entered the same qualifiers, but got a different list of websites, non of which was what I had found previously. This is most annoying. :( 

Anyway, specs are 12V DC, at least 2 Amps, center pin +, pin type "L". Startech tech support initially told me on the phone that said power adapter could be had "in any Radio Shack store". Not true. Radio Shack here does not sell adapter with this smaller pin type "L".

So, any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :ange: 

More about : power adapter type pin

December 7, 2012 10:33:00 PM

have you tried Radio Shack website. You might have to buy a universal adapter and should get all the types with it
m
l
December 8, 2012 2:42:19 PM

te100 said:
have you tried Radio Shack website. You might have to buy a universal adapter and should get all the types with it

Thanx for the suggestion. There are no Radio stores in this area, only the Source partially using the RS name and selling toy RC cars and trucks and big screesn flat panel tvs.
Will check the real Radio Shack website.

Grats, eh.

:) 
m
l
Related resources
December 10, 2012 12:46:01 AM

No luck with Radio Shack.
m
l
December 12, 2012 10:12:08 PM

1 amp is of no use to me. Still looking. Appears even the internat does not have access to the power adapter I need. As has been suggested elsewhere, I should junk this enclosure and purchase something more "advanced". Problem is, in 2 years that will be obsolete.

And so the beat goes on.
m
l
December 12, 2012 11:10:01 PM

your best bet is to get a new enclosure almost same price
m
l
January 1, 2013 9:09:37 PM

te100 said:
your best bet is to get a new enclosure almost same price

I am attempting to avoid re-pirchase of something I have already paid for.
m
l
!