PC Low Power Startup

XDE4TH

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Alright, that title is horrible description for what I'm about to explain but I can't think of a better one. I will try to explain it the best I can and I include a video of what it does below.

Now I'm a very firm believer in if it isn't broken, don't mess with it! I don't experience any problems, so I just consider this some kind of "feature". I have no freezes or crashes. It hasn't BSOD ever. No heating/cooling problems even with Battlefield 3 running or rendering videos. I also don't see any critical errors in Windows Event Viewer.

When I turn my PC on it is like it starts up in a lower power state. Everything boots fine like normal, I enter my password at the login screen. Then as Windows loads and begins to display my desktop it is like my computer goes from a low power state, spins down almost like its turning off briefly but then spins back up. You can kinda hear it when I put the camera up by the case. After that, everything runs flawlessly.

Is this something that is normal? I've never seen this before with the other two PCs I've built. I have double checked the wiring and it is all correct. The powersupply is within proper Volts. I have noticed that apparently my motherboard has a plethora of energy/power saving features built into it. I don't know what my settings in my BIOS are at the moment but will check next time I reboot. Could it actually be a feature of my motherboard that it has some kind of lower power phase when it is booting up? Like these Quiet/Energy Saving/Power Saving modes I'm seeing in my manual?

ASUS Sabertooth 990fx
AMD FX8150
8gb G.Skill Ripjaws
ATI Radeon HD5870
Corsair 750w

[Youtube Video]