PVE vs PVP.

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Hi All.

I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.

When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
quests I rock.
I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.

However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However I
am definately not picking a hunter for that!

Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?

However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.

Any thoughts
22 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I

    > stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.


    You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."

    Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(


    Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    one.

    Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.

    I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    more easily than other classes.
    But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    opposite of a Paladin.

    I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    too long and bored me.

    This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    damage?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I

    > stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.


    You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."

    Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(


    Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    one.

    Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.

    I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    more easily than other classes.
    But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    opposite of a Paladin.

    I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    too long and bored me.

    This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    damage?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Oooops Just spotted my mistake,

    should have read as 4 out of 5 PVP battles end up with me dead. lol.

    Sorry for the confusion.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Hi original poster here.

    firstly

    "No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
    with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
    (since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT

    to play."

    I may well have played with the paladin class, but don`t tar me with
    the brush of only playing Alliance.

    In actual fact I was going to go Horde with my next char for the
    following reasons.

    1> If I created an alliance player I would have already done all the
    quests / map zones once so would be boring to do them again.
    2> Also I would probably join the same guild with the same friends, so
    would not meet new people.
    3> It will be nice to wander round the horde capitals without being
    shot at.

    I know that the previous poster did not say this, but there are an
    awful lot of people saying that all Alliance players are noob children.
    This annoys me as in real life I am 28 years old, and not an 11 year
    old kid whos parents pay the subscription bill and thinks the good guys
    always win.

    All the people who go round saying all alliance are like that I
    consider to be childish themselves.

    Simple point is

    Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
    So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
    also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
    The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
    5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.

    Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.

    Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
    fun.
    My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
    placed Multi Shot.
    So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.

    Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
    AOE damage?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Chizel wrote:
    > Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
    > So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
    > also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
    > The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
    > 5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.

    Also, it's harder for Alliance to get into Battlegrounds on realms
    where Horde are vastly outnumbered. My last 2 characters have been
    Horde specifically because I want to enjoy a CTF run now and then, but
    the queue times on my realms are ridiculous for Alliance.

    However, now that I've played Horde (Tauren Shaman, Undead Mage) I've
    got to say I find that side a bit more interesting. Undercity has got
    to be my favorite place in the game so far, and Orgrimmar is fricking
    HUGE.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    >Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
    >AOE damage?

    Fire and Ice

    Once the tanks rounded up the mob, let off a Fire Strike does DD and
    DOTs the creatures. Then let off a Blizzard, it channels AOE damage for
    some time. By the time the Blizzard spell stops the DOT from the Fire
    Strike would of worn off. You can do a lot of damage to many creatures
    very quickly this way. Bad thing is it generates a lot of aggro.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
    news:1119954163.207979.109280@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.
    >
    > When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
    > quests I rock.
    > I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.
    >
    > However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    > stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
    >
    > I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However
    > I am definately not picking a hunter for that!
    >
    > Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?
    >
    > However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
    > will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
    > happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.
    >
    > Any thoughts

    You need to see this:

    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1599

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
    http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk/blog/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    On 28 Jun 2005 04:11:36 -0700, "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote:

    >"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    >
    >> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
    >
    >
    >
    >You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
    >
    >Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
    >
    >
    >Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    >one.
    >
    >Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
    >
    >I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    >more easily than other classes.
    >But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    >opposite of a Paladin.
    >
    >I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    >too long and bored me.
    >
    >This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    >damage?


    I've found the hunter is not so good in 1 v 1 pvp, like duels, but in
    any situation where it gets a bit hectic ie : X-roads atm, its great,
    you can plough through people. Just have to make sure that you are not
    the centre of attention. Also, A lot of pets don't hold aggression
    well enough or cause enough concern to your opponent in fights.
    Make sure your pet knows Claw (I think its claw that stuns people)
    Its like free concussiive shots.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Chizel wrote:
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.
    >
    > When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
    > quests I rock.
    > I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.

    Any class that can somehow tank can do that.

    >
    > However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    > stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

    You have 80% success and you complain? Weird..

    >
    > I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However I
    > am definately not picking a hunter for that!
    >
    > Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?

    There are no strictly PVP classes. In theory, all melee classes are
    better in PVP against the Hunter, and all casters (except druids) are
    worse. Then again, against a priest, others might be better and others
    might be worse. So just pick the one you like the most.

    >
    > However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
    > will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
    > happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.
    >

    You are wrong. Rogues and druids will quest much faster than the hunter
    (due to stealth), and rogues/mages also grind faster.

    > Any thoughts
    >

    I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
    one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
    everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
    people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.
    Every class has a different playstyle, find which one you like and
    you'll be great at both PvP and PvE, no matter what the class is.

    If the only class you have played is the hunter, roll a druid. Play
    until lvl30 or so, and check all the different roles that way (tank,
    damage dealer, healer, nuker). Then either keep the druid as a hybrid or
    go for the role you liked the most.

    Hope this helps
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    > Haha, sounds famililar, took my hunter to 60, soloing a large amount of
    > that time and there's no denying when it comes to solo pve, the hunter is
    > king. Took my priest to 60 with shadow spec and wasn;t even close to being
    > as comfortable - my druid is nearing 40 and finding it painfully slow..

    Give me a place where the mob density isnt too high, and I have room to fear
    kite things, and Ill get more kills per hour with a shadow priest than a
    hunter. Id guess rogue would also kill faster than a hunter.

    Hunters used to be the kings of pve, but Blizzard nerfed them badly. heck
    even a warrior probably kills faster.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    > In fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
    > alliance one due to stomp.

    Stomp is nice, but I like the stealth bonus from NE.

    Regards,
    Noal

    --
    Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
    Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (34) on Stormrage [PvE]
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Chizel wrote:
    > "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    >
    >
    >>stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
    >
    > Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
    >
    >
    > Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    > one.
    >
    > Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
    >
    > I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    > more easily than other classes.
    > But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    > opposite of a Paladin.
    >
    > I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    > too long and bored me.
    >
    > This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    > damage?
    >

    1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
    rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
    satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)

    Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
    to stealth.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:46:56 +0200, Stavros Christoforou
    <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:

    >Chizel wrote:
    >> "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    >>
    >>
    >>>stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
    >>
    >> Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
    >>
    >>
    >> Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    >> one.
    >>
    >> Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
    >>
    >> I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    >> more easily than other classes.
    >> But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    >> opposite of a Paladin.
    >>
    >> I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    >> too long and bored me.
    >>
    >> This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    >> damage?
    >>
    >
    >1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
    >rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
    >satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)
    >
    >Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
    >to stealth.

    Dont turn this into a NE agility bonus VS Undead WOTF argument :-0

    --
    "Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
    But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Alastair Foster wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:46:56 +0200, Stavros Christoforou
    > <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Chizel wrote:
    >>
    >>>"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
    >>>
    >>>Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
    >>>one.
    >>>
    >>>Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
    >>>
    >>>I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
    >>>more easily than other classes.
    >>>But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
    >>>opposite of a Paladin.
    >>>
    >>>I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
    >>>too long and bored me.
    >>>
    >>>This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
    >>>damage?
    >>>
    >>
    >>1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
    >>rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
    >>satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)
    >>
    >>Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
    >>to stealth.
    >
    >
    > Dont turn this into a NE agility bonus VS Undead WOTF argument :-0
    >

    No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
    with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
    (since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT
    to play.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Chizel wrote:
    > Hi original poster here.
    >
    > firstly
    >
    > "No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
    > with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
    > (since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT
    >
    > to play."
    >
    > I may well have played with the paladin class, but don`t tar me with
    > the brush of only playing Alliance.
    >

    Tar with the brush? Hehe, not trying at all to do that, you simply
    suggested that you were playing alliance by the paladin reference. In
    fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
    alliance one due to stomp.

    > In actual fact I was going to go Horde with my next char for the
    > following reasons.
    >
    > 1> If I created an alliance player I would have already done all the
    > quests / map zones once so would be boring to do them again.

    Probably true

    > 2> Also I would probably join the same guild with the same friends, so
    > would not meet new people.

    Also true, of course it depends on whether your guild was good or not!

    > 3> It will be nice to wander round the horde capitals without being
    > shot at.

    Bah, what's the fun in that? ;)

    >
    > I know that the previous poster did not say this, but there are an
    > awful lot of people saying that all Alliance players are noob children.
    > This annoys me as in real life I am 28 years old, and not an 11 year
    > old kid whos parents pay the subscription bill and thinks the good guys
    > always win.

    I play alliance and I'm 25. It is not that all alliance players are noob
    children, it is simply because of the sheer number of alliance players
    that the noob children make their presence known.
    >
    > All the people who go round saying all alliance are like that I
    > consider to be childish themselves.
    >
    > Simple point is
    >
    > Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
    > So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
    > also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
    > The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
    > 5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.
    >
    Exactly my point. If more people gathered in the (vastly bigger and
    nicer) Darnassus, the world would be a better place :)

    > Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.
    >
    > Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
    > fun.
    > My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
    > placed Multi Shot.
    > So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.
    >
    > Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
    > AOE damage?

    Good luck, have fun with it. I believe (I am not sure though, never
    played a mage to the end) that Ice is more about CC than damage, so I
    suggest you skip that tree. Fire is probably your best bet.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Chizel wrote:

    <snip>

    > Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.
    >
    > Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
    > fun.
    > My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
    > placed Multi Shot.
    > So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.
    >
    > Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
    > AOE damage?

    For AOE? Frost.

    If you just want maximum damage as a mage, period, then you want a 31/20
    Arcane/Fire build, but you want to put the first 20 points into Fire,
    because that's where you will get the damage from up front. Then, after
    you have spent 20 points in Fire, you want to start putting the rest of
    your points into Arcane so that you end up with Arcane Power, Presence
    of Mind, Improved Arcane Explosion, and Evocation.

    But if your main desire is the most effective AOE, then you want all
    Frost, so that you get the maximum Improved Blizzard plus all the Frost
    damage bonuses. At level 60 the fully maximized Blizzard is a wonder to
    behold.

    Arcane/Fire is most effective against spellcasters and single targets;
    Frost is most effective against melee classes and groups.

    As far as the effectiveness of various classes in PVP, if that's what
    you're going for, then rolling a mage and maximizing your AOE power may
    not be the best way to go. There are various kinds of PVP combat, of
    course, and when you get the chance to lay an AOE wallop on the enemy,
    there is no denying that a maximized Blizzard is going to do a good job,
    but, frankly, you are not going to get the chance to do it very often.
    In 1-on-1 AOE is basically a way to use up your mana real quick without
    killing your opponent. In group combat the enemy will take one look at
    you and sic their rogues and hunters on you to take you out before you
    have a chance to AOE, and everyone else will stay well out of range so
    you can't get them. You have to get lucky to AOE the enemy in a group
    fight. It happens, but not that often. You are just as likely to help
    your side more by counterspelling and sheeping troublesome individual
    foes and by firing high-damage nukes, like a Pyroblast pumped up with
    Arcane Power.

    If you want to see statistics about the winners of PVP fights, look at
    Gank Central (http://www.gankcentral.com/ClassCompare.aspx). Based on
    their statistics, if you want to play the classes that win most often in
    duels, the top three are (1) Shaman, (2) Priest, and (3) Paladin. If you
    want to play the classes that win most often in PVP fights, the top
    three are (1) Rogue, (2) Druid, and (3) Priest.

    That said, your skill is going to be more of a factor than which class
    you play. Statistically, hunters are at the bottom of the success list,
    but I have seen skillfully-played hunters win repeatedly in PVP fights
    against higher-level players playing classes that are supposedly better
    according to the statistics. That is undoubtedly because a
    skillfully-played hunter beats a less-skillfully-played something else.
    Skill is more important than class.

    The other side of this coin is that choosing a more-successful class
    will not win the fights for you. If you choose Shaman becuase it wins
    the most duels, your trouble is not automatically over. People who are
    more skilled will still beat you. In duels, Paladins are the number 3
    most successful class, and Mages are number 6, yet I watched a level 56
    mage repeatedly crush a level 60 Paladin. Again, individual skill is
    more important than class.

    So don't choose the class that wins the most; choose the class that
    plays most like you want to play. If you want to win at PVP you need two
    things: (1) you need a class whose effective strategy is comfortable for
    you, and (2) you need to get into a *lot* of fights.

    (1) is easy. You try out various classes and you stick with the one that
    is effective when you play it the way that is most comfortable for you.

    (2) is hard. You have to get into a *lot* of fights, and that means
    losing a lot. You have to have the temperament to lose a lot and learn
    from it. Probably, you should roll a character on a PVP server and
    accept every challenge, and always attack every foe on sight, so that
    you get the absolute maximum fighting time. Of course, you should
    rearrange your action bar when it seems like a good idea, you should
    discuss tactics with your friends, you should try out different
    approaches in duels, and so on. But the most important thing is to just
    get in as many fights as possible, because there is no subsititute for
    practical experience. That's where skill comes from, and, remember,
    skill is more important than class. :-)
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
    news:f8cwe.8854$oJ.7353@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >> Haha, sounds famililar, took my hunter to 60, soloing a large amount of
    >> that time and there's no denying when it comes to solo pve, the hunter is
    >> king. Took my priest to 60 with shadow spec and wasn;t even close to
    >> being as comfortable - my druid is nearing 40 and finding it painfully
    >> slow..
    >
    > Give me a place where the mob density isnt too high, and I have room to
    > fear kite things, and Ill get more kills per hour with a shadow priest
    > than a hunter. Id guess rogue would also kill faster than a hunter.
    >
    > Hunters used to be the kings of pve, but Blizzard nerfed them badly. heck
    > even a warrior probably kills faster.
    >
    >
    Naturally people's opinions will differ from mine but i stand by what i
    said, for consistent long-term grinding with minimal downtime of all the
    classes I've played hunter is unbeatable. It wont flash-kill quicker than a
    rogue or mage nor will the hunter tank better than pally, warrior or
    druid/bear but it's the best compromise between tankability (with pet) and
    damage. Shadow priest was interesting to level but nowhere near as
    efficient.
    --
    TP
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Mike Kohary wrote:
    > mikel wrote:
    >
    >>(2) is hard. You have to get into a *lot* of fights, and that means
    >>losing a lot. You have to have the temperament to lose a lot and learn
    >>from it. Probably, you should roll a character on a PVP server and
    >>accept every challenge, and always attack every foe on sight, so that
    >>you get the absolute maximum fighting time. Of course, you should
    >>rearrange your action bar when it seems like a good idea, you should
    >>discuss tactics with your friends, you should try out different
    >>approaches in duels, and so on. But the most important thing is to
    >>just get in as many fights as possible, because there is no
    >>subsititute for practical experience. That's where skill comes from,
    >>and, remember, skill is more important than class. :-)
    >
    >
    > Yup. After I asked last week what kinds of tactics I should use against
    > spell casters with my warrior, I gathered up a couple of spell casting
    > buddies for some practice sessions. It was incredibly beneficial, and I
    > learned to effectively change my stance and to use certain skills at certain
    > times, all without actually dying. ;) When the time came to meet an actual
    > foe, my practice had been done, and I won my first fight ever against an
    > equal level spell caster. Since then, I've not been afraid any longer of
    > spell casters around my level, whereas previously I fled from all spell
    > casters within 5 levels of me. I was just that bad. ;)

    Yeah, actually, I think one of the best things you can possibly do to
    help your PVP skill is duel over and over with a friend. If you want to
    learn to beat a particular class, find a friend of that class who can
    beat you and get them to teach you how to beat them. Duel over and over
    and have them tell you how they beat you, and what you could do to beat
    them. Have them tell you which things you can do that really mess them
    up. Get them to tell you their worsts nightmares :-).

    I've seen a person go from hopeless to very skilled in a short time
    doing this kind of thing.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "Stavros Christoforou" <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:

    > I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
    > one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
    > everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
    > people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.

    Agreed. For PvP ownage and soloing, I'd pick a shaman too (but if I'd
    have to decide between druid and shaman, I'd pick druid again, because
    it's more fun for my taste).

    > If the only class you have played is the hunter, roll a druid. Play
    > until lvl30 or so, and check all the different roles that way (tank,
    > damage dealer, healer, nuker). Then either keep the druid as a hybrid or
    > go for the role you liked the most.

    Hehe, I had the same idea :-)
    However: Keep in mind that if you ditch the druid and start a specialised
    class (like a warrior for tanking), you won't be able to heal anymore.
    I remember my first days on sunstrider when I thought "ow tanking was so
    much fun with the druid, let's roll a warrior" and I was so disappointed
    because I died all the time.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> wrote:
    >> In fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
    >> alliance one due to stomp.
    >
    > Stomp is nice, but I like the stealth bonus from NE.

    I guess war stomp is better for PvE, while the stealth bonus is better
    for PvP :o)

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Jazrah - Brutal Troll (16) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Jivarr - Charming Troll (12) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    Christian Stauffer ytrede sig i
    <42c2457d$0$1163$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch> med dette:

    >"Stavros Christoforou" <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
    >> one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
    >> everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
    >> people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.
    >
    >Agreed. For PvP ownage and soloing, I'd pick a shaman too (but if I'd
    >have to decide between druid and shaman, I'd pick druid again, because
    >it's more fun for my taste).

    Shamans are only great for 1vs1 PvP, and maybe in small groups too, all
    depending on the oponents classes.

    They are pretty slow at soloing PvE, unless with enhancement spec, but
    that makes them bad for PvP.

    In mass PvP they are just nice targets for mages and priests, because
    they suffer from the short range of their spells.
    --
    Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
    "When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he
    can hear you only through the filter of the paradigm he holds."
    -Myron Tribus
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

    "Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:1119969231.999760.42400@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    Undercity has got
    > to be my favorite place in the game so far

    The undercity would be my fav. place too...IF WE COULD FRICKEN MOUNT THERE!
    Takes so long to get anywhere in UC.
Ask a new question

Read More

Warcraft Servers Video Games