PVE vs PVP.

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 7:22:43 AM

Hi All.

I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.

When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
quests I rock.
I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.

However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However I
am definately not picking a hunter for that!

Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?

However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.

Any thoughts

More about : pve pvp

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:10:46 AM

"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I

> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."

Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(

Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
one.

Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.

I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
more easily than other classes.
But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
opposite of a Paladin.

I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
too long and bored me.

This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
damage?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:11:36 AM

"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I

> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."

Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(

Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
one.

Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.

I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
more easily than other classes.
But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
opposite of a Paladin.

I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
too long and bored me.

This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
damage?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:13:09 AM

Oooops Just spotted my mistake,

should have read as 4 out of 5 PVP battles end up with me dead. lol.

Sorry for the confusion.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:17:07 AM

Hi original poster here.

firstly

"No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
(since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT

to play."

I may well have played with the paladin class, but don`t tar me with
the brush of only playing Alliance.

In actual fact I was going to go Horde with my next char for the
following reasons.

1> If I created an alliance player I would have already done all the
quests / map zones once so would be boring to do them again.
2> Also I would probably join the same guild with the same friends, so
would not meet new people.
3> It will be nice to wander round the horde capitals without being
shot at.

I know that the previous poster did not say this, but there are an
awful lot of people saying that all Alliance players are noob children.
This annoys me as in real life I am 28 years old, and not an 11 year
old kid whos parents pay the subscription bill and thinks the good guys
always win.

All the people who go round saying all alliance are like that I
consider to be childish themselves.

Simple point is

Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.

Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.

Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
fun.
My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
placed Multi Shot.
So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.

Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
AOE damage?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:33:52 AM

Chizel wrote:
> Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
> So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
> also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
> The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
> 5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.

Also, it's harder for Alliance to get into Battlegrounds on realms
where Horde are vastly outnumbered. My last 2 characters have been
Horde specifically because I want to enjoy a CTF run now and then, but
the queue times on my realms are ridiculous for Alliance.

However, now that I've played Horde (Tauren Shaman, Undead Mage) I've
got to say I find that side a bit more interesting. Undercity has got
to be my favorite place in the game so far, and Orgrimmar is fricking
HUGE.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:17:22 PM

>Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
>AOE damage?

Fire and Ice

Once the tanks rounded up the mob, let off a Fire Strike does DD and
DOTs the creatures. Then let off a Blizzard, it channels AOE damage for
some time. By the time the Blizzard spell stops the DOT from the Fire
Strike would of worn off. You can do a lot of damage to many creatures
very quickly this way. Bad thing is it generates a lot of aggro.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:46:18 PM

"Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
> Hi All.
>
> I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.
>
> When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
> quests I rock.
> I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.
>
> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
>
> I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However
> I am definately not picking a hunter for that!
>
> Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?
>
> However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
> will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
> happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.
>
> Any thoughts

You need to see this:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1599

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138
http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk/blog/
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:20:01 PM

On 28 Jun 2005 04:11:36 -0700, "Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote:

>"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
>
>> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
>

>You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
>
>Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
>

>Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
>one.
>
>Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
>
>I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
>more easily than other classes.
>But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
>opposite of a Paladin.
>
>I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
>too long and bored me.
>
>This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
>damage?

I've found the hunter is not so good in 1 v 1 pvp, like duels, but in
any situation where it gets a bit hectic ie : X-roads atm, its great,
you can plough through people. Just have to make sure that you are not
the centre of attention. Also, A lot of pets don't hold aggression
well enough or cause enough concern to your opponent in fights.
Make sure your pet knows Claw (I think its claw that stuns people)
Its like free concussiive shots.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 4:54:34 PM

Chizel wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I am currenlty playing a Hunter on a PVE server.
>
> When I am soloing (which is most of the time) and just doing normal
> quests I rock.
> I can take mobs 5+ my level easily.

Any class that can somehow tank can do that.

> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
> stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.

You have 80% success and you complain? Weird..

> I am thinking about going onto a PVP server to give it a try. However I
> am definately not picking a hunter for that!
>
> Can anyone point me at which classes are better for PVP?

There are no strictly PVP classes. In theory, all melee classes are
better in PVP against the Hunter, and all casters (except druids) are
worse. Then again, against a priest, others might be better and others
might be worse. So just pick the one you like the most.

> However I would still like to do solo questing. I know that nothing
> will beat the Hunter for solo questing but a
> happy medium between soloing and PVP action would be my ideal.

You are wrong. Rogues and druids will quest much faster than the hunter
(due to stealth), and rogues/mages also grind faster.

> Any thoughts

I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.
Every class has a different playstyle, find which one you like and
you'll be great at both PvP and PvE, no matter what the class is.

If the only class you have played is the hunter, roll a druid. Play
until lvl30 or so, and check all the different roles that way (tank,
damage dealer, healer, nuker). Then either keep the druid as a hybrid or
go for the role you liked the most.

Hope this helps
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:20:11 PM

> Haha, sounds famililar, took my hunter to 60, soloing a large amount of
> that time and there's no denying when it comes to solo pve, the hunter is
> king. Took my priest to 60 with shadow spec and wasn;t even close to being
> as comfortable - my druid is nearing 40 and finding it painfully slow..

Give me a place where the mob density isnt too high, and I have room to fear
kite things, and Ill get more kills per hour with a shadow priest than a
hunter. Id guess rogue would also kill faster than a hunter.

Hunters used to be the kings of pve, but Blizzard nerfed them badly. heck
even a warrior probably kills faster.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:37:49 PM

> In fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
> alliance one due to stomp.

Stomp is nice, but I like the stealth bonus from NE.

Regards,
Noal

--
Dharzhak - Night Elf Druid (60) on Stormrage [PvE]
Kemwer - Tauren Warrior (34) on Stormrage [PvE]

Chizel wrote:
> "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
>

>>stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
>

> You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
>
> Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
>

> Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
> one.
>
> Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
>
> I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
> more easily than other classes.
> But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
> opposite of a Paladin.
>
> I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
> too long and bored me.
>
> This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
> damage?

1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)

Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
to stealth.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:46:57 PM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:46:56 +0200, Stavros Christoforou
<S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:

>Chizel wrote:
>> "> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I
>>

>>>stink! 1 out 5 PVP encounters end up with me dead.
>>

>> You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
>>
>> Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
>>

>> Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
>> one.
>>
>> Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
>>
>> I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
>> more easily than other classes.
>> But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
>> opposite of a Paladin.
>>
>> I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
>> too long and bored me.
>>
>> This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
>> damage?
>>

>1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
>rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
>satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)
>
>Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
>to stealth.

Dont turn this into a NE agility bonus VS Undead WOTF argument :-0

--
"Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"

Alastair Foster wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:46:56 +0200, Stavros Christoforou
> <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>

>>Chizel wrote:
>>
>>>"> However when I go PVP this changes dramatically. To put it bluntly I

>>>You have 80% success and you complain? Weird.."
>>>
>>>Sorry you have misread me. Its an 80% failure rate... :(
>>>

>>>Your comments about the druid make good sense though, so might try that
>>>one.
>>>
>>>Although I would like to try something which does massive damage.
>>>
>>>I am not too worried about having no defense, and I dont mind if I die
>>>more easily than other classes.
>>>But I would like to cause LOTS of pain on the enemy. Basically the
>>>opposite of a Paladin.
>>>
>>>I did have a Paladin up to lvl16 but he got deleted, as the fights were
>>>too long and bored me.
>>>
>>>This points at either Mage or Rogue. Which of these two does the most
>>>damage?
>>>

>>1-on-1, the rogue. 1-on-many or in groups, the mage. Basically, the
>>rogue is faster but the mage has AoE. I would however find it more
>>satisfactory stealthing behind someone and killing them in 3 secs :)
>>
>>Mind you, if you roll a rogue, make sure it is a NE, as they get bonus
>>to stealth.
>

> Dont turn this into a NE agility bonus VS Undead WOTF argument :-0

No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
(since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT
to play.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:27:56 PM

Chizel wrote:
> Hi original poster here.
>
> firstly
>
> "No point, the OP is obiously an alliance player, since he was toying
> with paladins. Besides, alliance vs horde is not a matter of "better"
> (since shaman > all other classes), it is a matter of which on you WANT
>
> to play."
>
> I may well have played with the paladin class, but don`t tar me with
> the brush of only playing Alliance.

Tar with the brush? Hehe, not trying at all to do that, you simply
suggested that you were playing alliance by the paladin reference. In
fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
alliance one due to stomp.

> In actual fact I was going to go Horde with my next char for the
> following reasons.
>
> 1> If I created an alliance player I would have already done all the
> quests / map zones once so would be boring to do them again.

Probably true

> 2> Also I would probably join the same guild with the same friends, so
> would not meet new people.

Also true, of course it depends on whether your guild was good or not!

> 3> It will be nice to wander round the horde capitals without being
> shot at.

Bah, what's the fun in that? ;)

> I know that the previous poster did not say this, but there are an
> awful lot of people saying that all Alliance players are noob children.
> This annoys me as in real life I am 28 years old, and not an 11 year
> old kid whos parents pay the subscription bill and thinks the good guys
> always win.

I play alliance and I'm 25. It is not that all alliance players are noob
children, it is simply because of the sheer number of alliance players
that the noob children make their presence known.

> All the people who go round saying all alliance are like that I
> consider to be childish themselves.
>
> Simple point is
>
> Horde are outnumbered roughly 5 to 1.
> So I agree you get 5 times more idiotic players on the alliance but you
> also get 5 times more cool players, and 5 times more normal people.
> The only disadvantage I see with being Alliance is that where there are
> 5 times more people the lag is quite bad at the AH.

Exactly my point. If more people gathered in the (vastly bigger and
nicer) Darnassus, the world would be a better place :)

> Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.
>
> Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
> fun.
> My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
> placed Multi Shot.
> So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.
>
> Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
> AOE damage?

Good luck, have fun with it. I believe (I am not sure though, never
played a mage to the end) that Ice is more about CC than damage, so I
suggest you skip that tree. Fire is probably your best bet.
June 28, 2005 9:49:52 PM

Chizel wrote:

<snip>

> Anyway rant over, back to point of the thread.
>
> Ill think I will go Undead Mage, as the sound of AOE spells sound like
> fun.
> My hunters got the Volley spell but its pretty lame compared to a well
> placed Multi Shot.
> So id like to see how the masters of AOE do it.
>
> Any tips on which Talents out of Fire/Ice/Arcane to go with for maximum
> AOE damage?

For AOE? Frost.

If you just want maximum damage as a mage, period, then you want a 31/20
Arcane/Fire build, but you want to put the first 20 points into Fire,
because that's where you will get the damage from up front. Then, after
you have spent 20 points in Fire, you want to start putting the rest of
your points into Arcane so that you end up with Arcane Power, Presence
of Mind, Improved Arcane Explosion, and Evocation.

But if your main desire is the most effective AOE, then you want all
Frost, so that you get the maximum Improved Blizzard plus all the Frost
damage bonuses. At level 60 the fully maximized Blizzard is a wonder to
behold.

Arcane/Fire is most effective against spellcasters and single targets;
Frost is most effective against melee classes and groups.

As far as the effectiveness of various classes in PVP, if that's what
you're going for, then rolling a mage and maximizing your AOE power may
not be the best way to go. There are various kinds of PVP combat, of
course, and when you get the chance to lay an AOE wallop on the enemy,
there is no denying that a maximized Blizzard is going to do a good job,
but, frankly, you are not going to get the chance to do it very often.
In 1-on-1 AOE is basically a way to use up your mana real quick without
killing your opponent. In group combat the enemy will take one look at
you and sic their rogues and hunters on you to take you out before you
have a chance to AOE, and everyone else will stay well out of range so
you can't get them. You have to get lucky to AOE the enemy in a group
fight. It happens, but not that often. You are just as likely to help
your side more by counterspelling and sheeping troublesome individual
foes and by firing high-damage nukes, like a Pyroblast pumped up with
Arcane Power.

If you want to see statistics about the winners of PVP fights, look at
Gank Central (http://www.gankcentral.com/ClassCompare.aspx). Based on
their statistics, if you want to play the classes that win most often in
duels, the top three are (1) Shaman, (2) Priest, and (3) Paladin. If you
want to play the classes that win most often in PVP fights, the top
three are (1) Rogue, (2) Druid, and (3) Priest.

That said, your skill is going to be more of a factor than which class
you play. Statistically, hunters are at the bottom of the success list,
but I have seen skillfully-played hunters win repeatedly in PVP fights
against higher-level players playing classes that are supposedly better
according to the statistics. That is undoubtedly because a
skillfully-played hunter beats a less-skillfully-played something else.
Skill is more important than class.

The other side of this coin is that choosing a more-successful class
will not win the fights for you. If you choose Shaman becuase it wins
the most duels, your trouble is not automatically over. People who are
more skilled will still beat you. In duels, Paladins are the number 3
most successful class, and Mages are number 6, yet I watched a level 56
mage repeatedly crush a level 60 Paladin. Again, individual skill is
more important than class.

So don't choose the class that wins the most; choose the class that
plays most like you want to play. If you want to win at PVP you need two
things: (1) you need a class whose effective strategy is comfortable for
you, and (2) you need to get into a *lot* of fights.

(1) is easy. You try out various classes and you stick with the one that
is effective when you play it the way that is most comfortable for you.

(2) is hard. You have to get into a *lot* of fights, and that means
losing a lot. You have to have the temperament to lose a lot and learn
from it. Probably, you should roll a character on a PVP server and
accept every challenge, and always attack every foe on sight, so that
you get the absolute maximum fighting time. Of course, you should
rearrange your action bar when it seems like a good idea, you should
discuss tactics with your friends, you should try out different
approaches in duels, and so on. But the most important thing is to just
get in as many fights as possible, because there is no subsititute for
practical experience. That's where skill comes from, and, remember,
skill is more important than class. :-)
June 29, 2005 12:11:09 AM

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
>> Haha, sounds famililar, took my hunter to 60, soloing a large amount of
>> that time and there's no denying when it comes to solo pve, the hunter is
>> king. Took my priest to 60 with shadow spec and wasn;t even close to
>> being as comfortable - my druid is nearing 40 and finding it painfully
>> slow..
>
> Give me a place where the mob density isnt too high, and I have room to
> fear kite things, and Ill get more kills per hour with a shadow priest
> than a hunter. Id guess rogue would also kill faster than a hunter.
>
> Hunters used to be the kings of pve, but Blizzard nerfed them badly. heck
> even a warrior probably kills faster.

Naturally people's opinions will differ from mine but i stand by what i
said, for consistent long-term grinding with minimal downtime of all the
classes I've played hunter is unbeatable. It wont flash-kill quicker than a
rogue or mage nor will the hunter tank better than pally, warrior or
druid/bear but it's the best compromise between tankability (with pet) and
damage. Shadow priest was interesting to level but nowhere near as
efficient.
--
TP
June 29, 2005 1:56:41 AM

Mike Kohary wrote:
> mikel wrote:
>
>>(2) is hard. You have to get into a *lot* of fights, and that means
>>losing a lot. You have to have the temperament to lose a lot and learn
>>from it. Probably, you should roll a character on a PVP server and
>>accept every challenge, and always attack every foe on sight, so that
>>you get the absolute maximum fighting time. Of course, you should
>>rearrange your action bar when it seems like a good idea, you should
>>discuss tactics with your friends, you should try out different
>>approaches in duels, and so on. But the most important thing is to
>>just get in as many fights as possible, because there is no
>>subsititute for practical experience. That's where skill comes from,
>>and, remember, skill is more important than class. :-)
>

> Yup. After I asked last week what kinds of tactics I should use against
> spell casters with my warrior, I gathered up a couple of spell casting
> buddies for some practice sessions. It was incredibly beneficial, and I
> learned to effectively change my stance and to use certain skills at certain
> times, all without actually dying. ;)  When the time came to meet an actual
> foe, my practice had been done, and I won my first fight ever against an
> equal level spell caster. Since then, I've not been afraid any longer of
> spell casters around my level, whereas previously I fled from all spell
> casters within 5 levels of me. I was just that bad. ;)

Yeah, actually, I think one of the best things you can possibly do to
help your PVP skill is duel over and over with a friend. If you want to
learn to beat a particular class, find a friend of that class who can
beat you and get them to teach you how to beat them. Duel over and over
and have them tell you how they beat you, and what you could do to beat
them. Have them tell you which things you can do that really mess them
up. Get them to tell you their worsts nightmares :-).

I've seen a person go from hopeless to very skilled in a short time
doing this kind of thing.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:53:49 PM

"Stavros Christoforou" <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:

> I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
> one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
> everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
> people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.

Agreed. For PvP ownage and soloing, I'd pick a shaman too (but if I'd
have to decide between druid and shaman, I'd pick druid again, because
it's more fun for my taste).

> If the only class you have played is the hunter, roll a druid. Play
> until lvl30 or so, and check all the different roles that way (tank,
> damage dealer, healer, nuker). Then either keep the druid as a hybrid or
> go for the role you liked the most.

Hehe, I had the same idea :-)
However: Keep in mind that if you ditch the druid and start a specialised
class (like a warrior for tanking), you won't be able to heal anymore.
I remember my first days on sunstrider when I thought "ow tanking was so
much fun with the druid, let's roll a warrior" and I was so disappointed
because I died all the time.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

"Noal McDonald" <dharzhak@my-deja.com> wrote:
>> In fact, if you want to try my idea, horde druid is much better than
>> alliance one due to stomp.
>
> Stomp is nice, but I like the stealth bonus from NE.

I guess war stomp is better for PvE, while the stealth bonus is better
for PvP :o )

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
June 29, 2005 6:27:52 PM

Christian Stauffer ytrede sig i
<42c2457d$0$1163$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch> med dette:

>"Stavros Christoforou" <S.Christoforou_removeme_@iri.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
>> I always say that people should play the class they like, not the "best"
>> one. If you want to be another munchkin, roll a shaman and own
>> everything. If you want a challenge, go for druid. If you want to bore
>> people to death, get a paladin. If you want "nasty" fun, go for rogue.
>
>Agreed. For PvP ownage and soloing, I'd pick a shaman too (but if I'd
>have to decide between druid and shaman, I'd pick druid again, because
>it's more fun for my taste).

Shamans are only great for 1vs1 PvP, and maybe in small groups too, all
depending on the oponents classes.

They are pretty slow at soloing PvE, unless with enhancement spec, but
that makes them bad for PvP.

In mass PvP they are just nice targets for mages and priests, because
they suffer from the short range of their spells.
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Undercity has got
> to be my favorite place in the game so far

The undercity would be my fav. place too...IF WE COULD FRICKEN MOUNT THERE!
Takes so long to get anywhere in UC.
!