Bad Drivers

Loaded bad drivers for the modem and can't remove them from my system.
How can I get these modem drivers off my system so that my computer will
stop displaying "Detected new hardware"?
The modem is on board, I can't remove it. Removing from the Device Manager
just allows for it to be detected again. Disabling them does the trick, but
I prefer to get the drivers off my system.
9 answers Last reply
More about drivers

    Hi,

    Why dont you simply install the correct drivers for your modem ? That way, you would not be prompted
    to install the modem again and the incorrect driver files would also be replaced.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "JCO" <joliviero4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Loaded bad drivers for the modem and can't remove them from my system.
    > How can I get these modem drivers off my system so that my computer will
    > stop displaying "Detected new hardware"?
    > The modem is on board, I can't remove it. Removing from the Device
    > Manager
    > just allows for it to be detected again. Disabling them does the trick,
    > but
    > I prefer to get the drivers off my system.

    Why not simply restore the original drivers by using the roll-back
    feature?

    From the Device Manager select the device, right click and select
    properties. Select 'Driver' and then 'Roll Back Driver'.

    Graham.

    Apparently, I don't have any.
    What I installed was suppose to be for Windows XP (as it says in the
    folder). However, when installing, a messages came up stating that it is
    not approved for WindowsXP. No Microsoft signature. I installed anyway.

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Why dont you simply install the correct drivers for your modem ? That way,
    you would not be prompted
    > to install the modem again and the incorrect driver files would also be
    replaced.

    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Loaded bad drivers for the modem and can't remove them from my system.
    > > How can I get these modem drivers off my system so that my computer will
    > > stop displaying "Detected new hardware"?
    > > The modem is on board, I can't remove it. Removing from the Device
    Manager
    > > just allows for it to be detected again. Disabling them does the trick,
    but
    > > I prefer to get the drivers off my system.

    You may want to visit the modem manufacturer's website for updated drivers that are digitally
    signed.

    --

    " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Swd9e.70144$B12.64047@trnddc09...
    > Apparently, I don't have any.
    > What I installed was suppose to be for Windows XP (as it says in the
    > folder). However, when installing, a messages came up stating that it is
    > not approved for WindowsXP. No Microsoft signature. I installed anyway.
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Why dont you simply install the correct drivers for your modem ? That way,
    > you would not be prompted
    >> to install the modem again and the incorrect driver files would also be
    > replaced.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Anando
    >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >> http://www.mvps.org
    >>
    >> In memory of Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >>
    >> Folder customizations
    >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >>
    >> Protect your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >>

    >> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Loaded bad drivers for the modem and can't remove them from my system.
    >> > How can I get these modem drivers off my system so that my computer will
    >> > stop displaying "Detected new hardware"?
    >> > The modem is on board, I can't remove it. Removing from the Device
    > Manager
    >> > just allows for it to be detected again. Disabling them does the trick,
    > but
    >> > I prefer to get the drivers off my system.

    Never ever had good drivers installed.
    Can't roll back.

    "Graham" <elangy@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

    > "JCO" <joliviero4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Loaded bad drivers for the modem and can't remove them from my system.
    > > How can I get these modem drivers off my system so that my computer will
    > > stop displaying "Detected new hardware"?
    > > The modem is on board, I can't remove it. Removing from the Device
    > > Manager
    > > just allows for it to be detected again. Disabling them does the trick,
    > > but
    > > I prefer to get the drivers off my system.
    >
    > Why not simply restore the original drivers by using the roll-back
    > feature?
    >
    > From the Device Manager select the device, right click and select
    > properties. Select 'Driver' and then 'Roll Back Driver'.
    >
    > Graham.

    That is fine for getting an update on the software, but how do I get the
    existing junk off my system?
    I may disable the modem through the BIOS, then maybe I can get rid of the
    drivers. Not sure what to do.

    > You may want to visit the modem manufacturer's website for updated drivers
    that are digitally
    > signed.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Apparently, I don't have any.
    > > What I installed was suppose to be for Windows XP (as it says in the
    > > folder). However, when installing, a messages came up stating that it
    is
    > > not approved for WindowsXP. No Microsoft signature. I installed
    anyway.

    > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Why dont you simply install the correct drivers for your modem ? That
    way,
    > > you would not be prompted
    > >> to install the modem again and the incorrect driver files would also be
    > > replaced.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Anando
    > >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >> http://www.mvps.org
    > >>
    > >> In memory of Alex Nichol
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > >>
    > >> Folder customizations
    > >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >>
    > >> Protect your PC!
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >>

    > >> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Manager
    > > but

    You did not mention what happens when you attempt to remove the bad drivers.
    Error message?

    > That is fine for getting an update on the software, but how do I get the
    > existing junk off my system?
    > I may disable the modem through the BIOS, then maybe I can get rid of the
    > drivers. Not sure what to do.
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > You may want to visit the modem manufacturer's website for updated
    drivers
    > that are digitally
    > > signed.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Anando
    > > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > > http://www.mvps.org
    > >
    > > In memory of Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > >
    > > Folder customizations
    > > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >
    > > Protect your PC!
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >

    > > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Apparently, I don't have any.
    > > > What I installed was suppose to be for Windows XP (as it says in the
    > > > folder). However, when installing, a messages came up stating that it
    > is
    > > > not approved for WindowsXP. No Microsoft signature. I installed
    > anyway.
    > > >
    > > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

    > way,
    > > > you would not be prompted
    > > > replaced.

    > system.
    > will
    > > > Manager
    > trick,
    > > > but

    I don't know how. It does not show up in the Add/Remove.
    When I uninstall it, then I get the "Found New Hardware" every time.
    Finally I went into the Device Manager and disabled it. Now I simply want
    to remove it completely.

    "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    > You did not mention what happens when you attempt to remove the bad
    drivers.
    > Error message?
    >
    > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > That is fine for getting an update on the software, but how do I get the
    > > existing junk off my system?
    > > I may disable the modem through the BIOS, then maybe I can get rid of
    the
    > > drivers. Not sure what to do.
    > >
    > > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > > You may want to visit the modem manufacturer's website for updated
    > drivers
    > > that are digitally
    > > > signed.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Anando
    > > > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > > > http://www.mvps.org
    > > >
    > > > In memory of Alex Nichol
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > >
    > > > Folder customizations
    > > > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > > >
    > > > Protect your PC!
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > > >

    > > > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > is
    > > anyway.

    That
    > > way,
    > be

    > > system.
    > > will
    Device
    > > trick,

    Disabling the modem either through the BIOS or the device manager will prevent the drivers to load
    when windows starts up. If there are no adverse effects due to the modem divers, i suggest you leave
    it alone.

    --

    " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UrD9e.24722$jd6.23580@trnddc07...
    >I don't know how. It does not show up in the Add/Remove.
    > When I uninstall it, then I get the "Found New Hardware" every time.
    > Finally I went into the Device Manager and disabled it. Now I simply want
    > to remove it completely.
    >
    > "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com> wrote in message
    >> You did not mention what happens when you attempt to remove the bad
    > drivers.
    >> Error message?
    >>
    >> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > That is fine for getting an update on the software, but how do I get the
    >> > existing junk off my system?
    >> > I may disable the modem through the BIOS, then maybe I can get rid of
    > the
    >> > drivers. Not sure what to do.
    >> >
    >> > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> drivers
    >> > that are digitally

    > it
    >> > is
    >> > anyway.

    > That
    >> > way,
    > also
    >> be

    >> > system.
    > computer
    >> > will
    > Device
    >> > trick,

Configuration Drivers Modem Customization Windows XP