Best gaming computer for under $2,000 (tax included)

lofty50

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hi guys,
i am really new at this stuff but i need a really good quality gaming computer that wont lag up or anything. It would be cool if you guys could possibly make me a design for one. My budget is below $2000 but it is a little flexible. I won't be buying this computer in the near future though, i will be probably buying the computer that i think is fit for the job around about max June next year, i know it's a bit of a long shot but it would be really great if you guys could help me out! :D

anyway i tried to fill out this template:

thank you for you time :love:

*Approximate Purchase Date: Very Likely before June 2013 but i am leaving a little room for error

*Budget Range: around about anything from $1200 - $2000 but as i said my budget is flexible

*System Usage: Gaming is the most important thing for me but occasional i will be surfing the web watching movies

*Parts Not Required: not really anything apart from speakers

*Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any reliable custom build site, I really can't build it on my own i would like someone with expertise to help me out

*Parts Preferences: I want at least 8gb ram and as i said i new to this stuff so i need it to be fast with gaming ect.

*Overclocking: Maybe

*SLI or Crossfire: i have no idea what this is :??:

*Monitor Resolution: Im not quite sure but i want it to be suitable for gaming and such

*Additional Comments: I need a keyboard and mouse included and if you could suggest anything i have left out that would be great. Also i don't know if i will have to buy an operator system separate. So i don't know if i will have to but windows 7 as well as the computer and all the basic software or do they usually include it with the computer to get started sort of thing

THANKS FOR ALL YOU'RE TIME AND EFFORT IT HAS BEEN GREATLY APPRECIATED!! :D :na: :D :na: :D :na: :sol:

lofty50

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
i know i said June, but the planned date is February, as i said it's a bit of a long shot but i want to get a good idea of what i am looking for.

Thanks a lot for the information though!! :D :D

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
Hi this is pretty much the best i can build for that price.Its fast, future proof and within budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($549.98 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS12X Ball Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) ATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($234.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 3 60GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (CrossFire) ($309.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($42.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: OCZ 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 Wired Standard Keyboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1944.84
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-26 08:17 EDT-0400)

With this mouse
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249070

Xenturion

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Yeah, I wouldn't jump the gun on the planning stage. I would take the time to continue researching and exploring so you'll be better prepared when the time comes to actually assemble one. It's just not possible to make a good estimate where things will be by then.

skyhide

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I hate to say this but I have to since I experience it my own, Post back here for advices when you do have the "money" and ready to buy, technology grows fast, prices drops at the same time new technology arrive on the market so say: even if you do have gather up all the parts you need for like example $1200 and by February 2013? You get something better for $1200 than now.

Point is you will get better stuff by February 2013 for the same $1200, for example.

lofty50

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
THANKS so much for your help!

I guess i will have to wait till February, but i will be sure to post back here when i need your help. I guess the prices and the market will be very different then as well.

At least i have an idea though on what i am looking for when i do buy a computer though.

AS I SAID THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IT'S BEEN GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

nsouter853

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Ok, while I won't offer any specific components that I would advise you to purchase, I will offer you some of what I think will be very helpful tips when embarking on this journey of putting together a new custom rig.

1) Don't make fast decisions. After you think you have everything sorted, sleep on it. For a week. Or even a month if you have the patience. Keep verifying that the components you have chosen are the best for YOUR needs. I found while planning my rig (ordered tonight, researching/planning for the past 3 months) that I altered MANY of my choices before getting to my final build that you will see in my sig.

2) Be organized. Prepare an excel spreadsheet with all your currently chosen components. Create a column for CPU, GPU, Motherboard, PSU, etc etc. Create columns for the prices of each, website with the lowest price, manufacturer, name, etc. I found that this was one of the most helpful things for me to do while planning my build.

3) Benchmarks. Benchmarks will be your best friend while deciding between any given components. While something may seem fast in theory, they are only proven to be worthy through real-world performance tests. Benchmarks are the most reliable source for showing which components are better than others. (I find benchmarks just by typing, for example: GTX 670 vs Radeon 6950)

Good luck on preparing your build!