Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cheapen my build or suggest a build.

Last response: in Systems
July 26, 2012 12:06:45 PM

NOTE : This will include ITX-compatible components which is the motherboard.

Here are my desired sizes, this will fit in the ITX system that I am building.

Maximum CPU cooler height = 175mm
PSU Cage total depth: 180mm
Recommended PSU depth: 150mm
Maximum PSU Depth:160mm.
Maximum Fully Modular PSU Depth: 1560mm
Maximum Semi-Modular PSU Depth: 160mm
Top Radiator thickness (incl. fans) = 175mm
Front Radiator thickness (incl. fans, HDD & ODD cage removed) = 150mm

I didn't include the GPU length because I will be using GTX 670 FTW. For the rest, you may recommend me. If possible, you can make it an ATX or M-ATX build, which includes the case. If ITX, I have the case picked.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week or so.

Budget Range (IF ITX excluding the case) : $520.02 (Case and GPU choosen, the estimated build is $1,000, check below for the excluded parts (May go less and for rebate I don't mind putting it up, it will just take weeks and I don't want to risk it)

Budget Range (IF M-ATX or ATX including the case) : $440.03

Parts Excluded :
GTX 670 FTW 2 GB - $399.99
Bitfenix Prodigy - $79.99 (IF ITX will be choosen, if ATX or M-ATX, the budget range at the top)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: MOST IMPORTANT : Extreme Gaming LEAST IMPORTANT : HTPC

Are you buying a monitor: No, I got a 34" display here already.

Parts to Upgrade: I need all parts to be upgraded, except the case and gpu. Which is composed of GTX 670 FTW costing $399.99 and a Bitfenix Prodigy costing $79.99. If possible make it an ATX or M-ATX build.

Do you need to buy OS: Not necessary

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any website with free shipping from US or possible, international. Please no rebates...

Parts Preferences: CPU must be better than Intel specifications if AMD is choosen, but if possible, make it Intel.

Overclocking: Yes, only the graphic card. But for CPU, if it improves gaming then maybe yes.

SLI or Crossfire: No, the GTX 670 FTW can handle the heat alone.

Your Monitor Resolution: 32" display not sure about the resolution, it's a single monitor.

Additional Comments: If possible, needs to be a silent setup or a style that depicts a gaming rig. Wanting to play all current games at the market.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I am upgrading because my laptop can't handle intense gaming.

July 26, 2012 1:05:36 PM

As said before, 500 W is minimum of the GTX 670 FTW. The build is nice, but Optical Drive and HDD is not neccessary. It may have an SSD.
m
l
Related resources
July 26, 2012 2:18:10 PM

sure but that will add cost

450w is more than enough for a 670 since the cpu cant overclock and expansion is not possible. a ivy bridge at most draws 70w and a 670 at most will draw 200w (high overclock)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d3fs
m
l
July 26, 2012 2:19:31 PM

i also think that the monitor that you are using is not 1080p. most montiors at 1080p top out at 27inches unless its a 32 inch tv
m
l
July 26, 2012 3:15:56 PM

It's a 32 inch tv, I want to be on the safe side so 500w is good.
m
l
July 26, 2012 3:46:52 PM

ok then. get the 550w. id rather not since the power supply isnt modular and hiding the extra cables can be a pain even if its only 2-4
m
l

Best solution

July 26, 2012 5:16:53 PM

Hmm perhaps state the model of your TV - i suspect it could be 720p or 1366 x768 by which you wouldn't need the sheer horsepower offered by the GTX 670 ^^ IMO for gaming, even if one went ITX, the sheer length of GPU, ATX PSU size, etc means you'd most likely end up with either a biggish ITX case or a cramped case so i'd hit an mATX form factor ^^
July 27, 2012 12:19:37 PM

Best answer selected by Cyb3rw0lf.
m
l
!