Sign in with
Your question

8800GTS Dual Monitor setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 3, 2012 3:49:44 PM

Hello!

Today I tried to set up two monitors for my computer running 8800GTS GPU. I couldn't get it to work. I have the latest stable drivers installed and I've double checked the the control panel settings. The System recognizes both monitors but fails to display picture on both. It appears that one of the two DVI ports isn't working because neither of the screens work on it.

What should I do?

Thank you for any help!
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 3, 2012 3:58:13 PM

What ports does your graphics card have? If it doesn't have anything else than the two DVIs, I'm afraid you'll have to buy a replacement card (I suppose the warranty for your 8800 GTS has already expired?).
June 3, 2012 4:10:02 PM

Yes, it only has two DVI ports and the sys is more than 4 years old. That's not such a b problem, because this setup is only temporary untill I get my "main" system fixed.
Related resources
June 3, 2012 4:13:04 PM

However, I still don't know, how come that the sys recognizes the monitors.

I would have thought that a broken port wouldn't have been able to do this.

Also there is no visible physical damage to the port.
a c 291 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 3, 2012 4:15:36 PM

I've no idea either - probably it's detecting the screen and trying to transmit the signal - but the video signal is too much for it, but the screen model gets through.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 3, 2012 4:19:04 PM

Maybe somehow the 2nd port in inactive in display resolution settings. Check if it is & then choose extend destkop to this monitor:
June 3, 2012 4:25:13 PM

Tried all the settings, none worked.

Thanks anyway!
!