Computer restarts when playing games! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
When ever I try to get on Arma2/DayZ my computer restarts after a few secs. I got a 600 watt supply so i know thats not the problem, I just now literally replaced my CPU for a new one so thats not the problem... I test my PC with multiple hard drive and it still restarts! HELP

Specs :

CPU: i5 2500k
GPU: Gtx 560 non i
Motherboard: Z77 Extreme 4
Ram: 8 GB/Kingston
Pws: 600 watts diableotek
Cooler: Cm v6 GT

start with the mb bios. make sure it at the newest rev so all the bug fixes are installed. then make sure the xmp ram profilke is turned on so that the ram is running at the right speed. use hardware monitor to check that the cpu temp is fine. run memtest and check that the mb drivers are installed and the video drivers are installed. also make sure your plugged into the gpu card and not the onboard video chipset.

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Before i had a 450 watt pws and it worked fine on the old motherboard, but when i got the z77 motherboard it restarts a few sec in game. So i upgraded to a 600 watts one, pretty sure pws isnt the problem i also tried using my brothers 600 watts and it still has the same problem.

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

How do i do all that on the bios?? The temp is at 28 C.

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

The temp never gets past 31 C.

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Yeah, i just tried. Seems like everytime I try to load something that takes up around 60% of the cpu the pc restarts.. and before it restarts the hard drive makes a horrible nasty noise. and its really loud too..

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

But im not sure if it is my hard drive.. cause my brother has the same exaclt build as mine just a different CPU i5 3570k his works fine. but when i used his hard drive on my pc it restarts.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check everything if there is not something that made a short to the case if the graphic card is well seated and dvi or vga output socket do not touch the case recheck all your wiring nad use another sata cable to connect the drive to first socket on the motherboard

iamcookingrice1

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Dude thanks sooo much. This actually solved my problem, no wonder that brand is so cheap :] cause it sucked balls. i Now upgraded to a 600 watts thermaltake and its working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS