Unable to change Folder Picture

Hi All,
I have a problem where I am unable to change the folder picture, I
can't even get it back to the default, it just stays the same, stuck on
a jpg that I have in my my documents folder. This doesn't happen to ALL
of them, just most of them.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Raymond
--
To email me directly replace "trashcan.bin" with "aapt.net.au"
4 answers Last reply

    1) Make sure the picture is not saved within the folders displaying it as "folder.jpg"

    2) In regedit, navigate to the following key:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

    then use 'Edit' -> 'Find...' to search the numbered subkeys for a value named "Logo". If you find the value and it has the path & filename of the problem picture, delete it. Repeat search (F3) until you've checked every bag.

    3) Delete the hidden file "thumbs.db" within the problem folders.

    Keith

    "Raymond" <rwhr@trashcan.bin> wrote in message news:d42lgs$7bc$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au...
    > Hi All,
    > I have a problem where I am unable to change the folder picture, I
    > can't even get it back to the default, it just stays the same, stuck on
    > a jpg that I have in my my documents folder. This doesn't happen to ALL
    > of them, just most of them.
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Raymond
    > --
    > To email me directly replace "trashcan.bin" with "aapt.net.au"

    Raymond,

    If you don't mind resetting all the folder view preferences, then try this:

    Open My Computer, select Folder Options in the Tools menu
    In the View tab, click Reset all Folders
    Click OK and close the dialog

    Now the Thumbnail reference for the system folder is removed from the
    registry. The above steps, of course, resets all of the folder view
    settings. But never mind, you can customize them again.

    With this done, Windows XP still maintains the thumbnail cache of the folder
    picture. You will need to enable Windows Explorer to Show all files and then
    delete the file thumbs.db inside the particular folder.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Keith Miller wrote:
    > 1) Make sure the picture is not saved within the folders displaying it as "folder.jpg"

    Done.

    > 2) In regedit, navigate to the following key:
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]
    > then use 'Edit' -> 'Find...' to search the numbered subkeys for a value named "Logo". If you find the value and it has the path & filename of the problem picture, delete it. Repeat search (F3) until you've checked every bag.

    Done.
    > 3) Delete the hidden file "thumbs.db" within the problem folders.

    Done. (None there even with the "Show Hidden and System files" turned on.

    I can now change the icon though, albeit one by one :-)

    Thanks for your help.

    > "Raymond" <rwhr@trashcan.bin> wrote in message news:d42lgs$7bc$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au...
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>I have a problem where I am unable to change the folder picture, I
    >>can't even get it back to the default, it just stays the same, stuck on
    >>a jpg that I have in my my documents folder. This doesn't happen to ALL
    >>of them, just most of them.
    >>
    >>Any Ideas?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>
    >>Raymond
    >>--
    >>To email me directly replace "trashcan.bin" with "aapt.net.au"

    --
    To email me directly replace "trashcan.bin" with "aapt.net.au"

    You're welcome.

    Keith