Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WIA Page Sizes

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 19, 2005 11:55:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

We are using the WIA Twain Scanner Module to acquire images. It gives
a number of default page choices but NOT a custom size choice.

Is this a function of windows or the drivers? Is there a work around
to add a custom page size to the WIA module

It is for a brothers 8440 printer

More about : wia page sizes

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 8:59:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi Ken,

There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:

http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=84...

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

In memory of Alex Nichol
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


<ken@aol.com> wrote in message news:8ds96157bevtpupd2k0rntpunht1gurrj4@4ax.com...
> We are using the WIA Twain Scanner Module to acquire images. It gives
> a number of default page choices but NOT a custom size choice.
>
> Is this a function of windows or the drivers? Is there a work around
> to add a custom page size to the WIA module
>
> It is for a brothers 8440 printer
April 20, 2005 1:02:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Thanks But This doesn't Really Deal with my question

IS THERE A WAY TO ADD OTHER PAGER SIZES?

It appears that the registry for this driver list page sizes in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\LanMan Print
Services\Servers\MS-BO3\Forms]

With the values (I THINK) 2,3,4,defing the height and 7,8,9 width (and
repeated later in the string

"Letter"=hex:5c,4b,03,00,68,43,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,5c,4b,03,00,68,43,
04,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00

How do i convert these into inches to make new page sizes


On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:59:26 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
<anando@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi Ken,
>
>There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:
>
>http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=84...
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 2:39:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi Ken,

I am sorry but i am not too sure about that. You may want to post your question at
microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax as well. Somebody else more knowledgable in this area may reply
to your post.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
http://www.mvps.org

In memory of Alex Nichol
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


<ken@aol.com> wrote in message news:4fkc6113nqes246v55m5d59ajfje3icg73@4ax.com...
> Thanks But This doesn't Really Deal with my question
>
> IS THERE A WAY TO ADD OTHER PAGER SIZES?
>
> It appears that the registry for this driver list page sizes in
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\LanMan Print
> Services\Servers\MS-BO3\Forms]
>
> With the values (I THINK) 2,3,4,defing the height and 7,8,9 width (and
> repeated later in the string
>
> "Letter"=hex:5c,4b,03,00,68,43,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,5c,4b,03,00,68,43,
> 04,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00
>
> How do i convert these into inches to make new page sizes
>
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:59:26 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
> <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Hi Ken,
>>
>>There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:
>>
>>http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=84...
>
!