WIA Page Sizes

We are using the WIA Twain Scanner Module to acquire images. It gives
a number of default page choices but NOT a custom size choice.

Is this a function of windows or the drivers? Is there a work around
to add a custom page size to the WIA module

It is for a brothers 8440 printer
3 answers Last reply
More about page sizes

    Hi Ken,

    There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:

    http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=847fb7dd5b33d46&seekm=eXmUtLr8EHA.2804%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl#link1

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    <ken@aol.com> wrote in message news:8ds96157bevtpupd2k0rntpunht1gurrj4@4ax.com...
    > We are using the WIA Twain Scanner Module to acquire images. It gives
    > a number of default page choices but NOT a custom size choice.
    >
    > Is this a function of windows or the drivers? Is there a work around
    > to add a custom page size to the WIA module
    >
    > It is for a brothers 8440 printer

    Thanks But This doesn't Really Deal with my question

    IS THERE A WAY TO ADD OTHER PAGER SIZES?

    It appears that the registry for this driver list page sizes in

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\LanMan Print
    Services\Servers\MS-BO3\Forms]

    With the values (I THINK) 2,3,4,defing the height and 7,8,9 width (and
    repeated later in the string

    "Letter"=hex:5c,4b,03,00,68,43,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,5c,4b,03,00,68,43,
    04,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00

    How do i convert these into inches to make new page sizes

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:59:26 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

    >Hi Ken,
    >
    >There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:
    >
    >http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=847fb7dd5b33d46&seekm=eXmUtLr8EHA.2804%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl#link1

    Hi Ken,

    I am sorry but i am not too sure about that. You may want to post your question at
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax as well. Somebody else more knowledgable in this area may reply
    to your post.

    --

    <ken@aol.com> wrote in message news:4fkc6113nqes246v55m5d59ajfje3icg73@4ax.com...
    > Thanks But This doesn't Really Deal with my question
    >
    > IS THERE A WAY TO ADD OTHER PAGER SIZES?
    >
    > It appears that the registry for this driver list page sizes in
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    > NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers\LanMan Print
    > Services\Servers\MS-BO3\Forms]
    >
    > With the values (I THINK) 2,3,4,defing the height and 7,8,9 width (and
    > repeated later in the string
    >
    > "Letter"=hex:5c,4b,03,00,68,43,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,5c,4b,03,00,68,43,
    > 04,00,01,00,00,00,01,00,00,00
    >
    > How do i convert these into inches to make new page sizes
    >

    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:59:26 -0300, "Anando [MS-MVP]"
    > <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Ken,
    >>
    >>There was an earlier discussion on this topic. Check it out:
    >>
    >>http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=847fb7dd5b33d46&seekm=eXmUtLr8EHA.2804%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl#link1

Configuration Customization Windows XP