ATX 800W REAL CORSAIR GAMING GS
ASUS P8Z77-V LE
i5 3570
2TB HDD seagate barracuda green
GTX 670 or RADEON 7970 - still deciding

And i`ll use the Corsair 300R case...
http://www.corsair.com/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case.html

What I would like to know is:
What`s the best fan configuration on it to have the best cooling it can achieve?

Thx!!

Solution
I actually have the 300R and I swapped the two 120mm at the front for 140mm's and set one of the 120mm in the bottom to push up and the other at the top to pull out. A bit odd sounding but it works quite well for strictly air cooling. I had a couple of Cooler master 140mm blue LED fans lying around and they look great as well as providing great air flow. You also have literally the next step up power supply from me, as I have the 700 GS from Corsair. The blue LED fans really compliment the power supply lights well.

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
It includes 1 x 120 mm Exahust fan and 1 x120 mm front intake fan. Because you're going to have a powerful GPU, leave the 120 in the front and put another 120 mm or 140 in the side to increase airflow directly to the GPU (But, the side vents doesn't have dust filters, so the gpu will take a lot of dust).

If you have more intakes than exhausts your case will have a positive air pressure, so the dust is not going to build up in your case so easily because the air will escape to the little gaps of the case. Besides increases general airflow so no cooling problems.

If you can't afford so many fans, just put a 120/140 in the side and buy a single dust filter to the side fan mount.

Reverend_Mason

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I actually have the 300R and I swapped the two 120mm at the front for 140mm's and set one of the 120mm in the bottom to push up and the other at the top to pull out. A bit odd sounding but it works quite well for strictly air cooling. I had a couple of Cooler master 140mm blue LED fans lying around and they look great as well as providing great air flow. You also have literally the next step up power supply from me, as I have the 700 GS from Corsair. The blue LED fans really compliment the power supply lights well.

Solution

cruncx

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
Hmm got it. I read at some guides this same way u are using... pushing air inside from the bottom and taking it out at the top. I liked this way...
Just a question... My miney is kinda short right now, and i`m thinking on using regular fans...
like http://www.gd-wholesale.com/userimg/17/3601i1/the-cooling-fan-534.jpg
- just as an example -
Do u think it`ll make too much noise?
- Using 2 at the front, 1 rear, 1 - top, and 1 or 2 at the sides...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts