Motorola Phone Tools Question Please

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 19, 2005 1:48:31 AM

I have a V3 and Motorola Phone Tools to backup my address book. I also have
Outlook on my computer. Phonetools wants to sync with my Outlook address
book, I do not want that. I want it to keep a separate address book in
Phonetools. How do I change the setup to have it do this?
--
Thanks in advance... Bob
Anonymous

If you are using Phone Tools to set up your backup - isn't there an
option like Hotsync to choose what you want sync'd or backed up? I
don't use phone tools - I use hotysncy.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:48:31 -0400, "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote:

>I have a V3 and Motorola Phone Tools to backup my address book. I also have
>Outlook on my computer. Phonetools wants to sync with my Outlook address
>book, I do not want that. I want it to keep a separate address book in
>Phonetools. How do I change the setup to have it do this?
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 1:56:36 AM

> "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote:
> I have a V3 and Motorola Phone Tools to backup my address book. I also
have
> Outlook on my computer. Phonetools wants to sync with my Outlook address
> book, I do not want that. I want it to keep a separate address book in
> Phonetools. How do I change the setup to have it do this?

I'm not familiar with MPT, but I believe Outlook manages things like that
through the Add-In Manager (search Outlook's HELP for specifics). It MIGHT
help to disable or delete the MPT link from Outlook instead of trying to
monkey with MPT.

Just a thought. Again, I've never tried it myself.
August 20, 2005 1:01:58 AM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:48:31 -0400, "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote:

>I have a V3 and Motorola Phone Tools to backup my address book. I also have
>Outlook on my computer. Phonetools wants to sync with my Outlook address
>book, I do not want that. I want it to keep a separate address book in
>Phonetools. How do I change the setup to have it do this?
In MPT go to the sync area, I remember seeing things like Manual sync,
select items to sync or sync all. Pick what you want, or nothing at
all.
December 11, 2007 7:20:45 PM

Well before any one goes and buys motorola phone tools they should at least check for the compatibility of the software and the cell phone you are using. But back to motorola phone tools, yea it basically sync's with the outlook but also their's lots of other application that you can do. organize pictures, videos, and phone numbers. Check out the compatibility list here:

http://www.accessorygeeks.com/motorola-phone-tools.html

hope this helps.
December 23, 2007 8:20:47 AM

I wouldnt buy it, waste of money. There is bound to be some open source tools to use instead of buying a program that should be included with your phone anyway.
!