Show hide Folder and shortcuts on Desktop

Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?

Michael
7 answers Last reply
More about show hide folder shortcuts desktop

    "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

    >Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?

    WIN + D will show/hide all windows. Right-click on the Desktop >
    Arrange Icons by > Show/Hide Desktop icons will do the rest.

    --
    (tm)

    Great, thanks. Is there a similare shortcut for show/hide Icons on desk?

    Michael

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ey51$BRRFHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?
    >
    > WIN + D will show/hide all windows. Right-click on the Desktop >
    > Arrange Icons by > Show/Hide Desktop icons will do the rest.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?

    Thank you if someone has an answer.

    Michael

    "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

    >Great, thanks. Is there a similare shortcut for show/hide Icons on desk?

    No. The described way is the only one.

    --
    (tm)

    "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

    >Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?

    "HideIcons" under
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

    --
    (tm)

    Thanks alot Thorsten.

    My prob. last question is when changing this from 0 show to hidden 1, how to update this so that this new entry takes access?

    Michael

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OXVBhRkRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:
    >
    >>Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?
    >
    > "HideIcons" under
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

    >My prob. last question is when changing this from 0 show to hidden 1, how to update this so that this new entry takes access?

    You may have to restart Windows or to re-logon the user.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP