Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Show hide Folder and shortcuts on Desktop

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?

Michael
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:49:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

>Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?

WIN + D will show/hide all windows. Right-click on the Desktop >
Arrange Icons by > Show/Hide Desktop icons will do the rest.

--
(tm)
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:30:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Great, thanks. Is there a similare shortcut for show/hide Icons on desk?

Michael

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ey51$BRRFHA.2964@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to switch all folders, app and links/shortcuts on my desktop from show to hide and vise versa?
>
> WIN + D will show/hide all windows. Right-click on the Desktop >
> Arrange Icons by > Show/Hide Desktop icons will do the rest.
>
> --
> (tm)
Related resources
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 7:05:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?

Thank you if someone has an answer.

Michael
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:32:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

>Great, thanks. Is there a similare shortcut for show/hide Icons on desk?

No. The described way is the only one.

--
(tm)
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:33:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

>Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?

"HideIcons" under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.

--
(tm)
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 5:06:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Thanks alot Thorsten.

My prob. last question is when changing this from 0 show to hidden 1, how to update this so that this new entry takes access?

Michael

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:o XVBhRkRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> "Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:
>
>>Beside all that, were is this flag/function in the registry?
>
> "HideIcons" under
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
>
> --
> (tm)
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:48:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Michael Schrading" <ms@yesno.de> wrote:

>My prob. last question is when changing this from 0 show to hidden 1, how to update this so that this new entry takes access?

You may have to restart Windows or to re-logon the user.

--
(tm)
!