Sign in with
Your question

Good Case for mATX

Last response: in Systems
July 26, 2012 4:12:41 PM

Hey, I am looking to build a new system around a micro-ATX board. I don't have the budget to really make a power system (multiple graphics cards, ect.), so I figured making one that was more portable and took up less space would be nice. Any suggestions on good cases for mATX boards? I've had bad experiences with sub-par cases, so I want to get a good one. Should I go with an HTPC case?

Any other general warnings surrounding mATX would be appreciated. Thanks for the suggestions.

More about : good case matx

July 26, 2012 4:17:57 PM

I am hoping for something in the $100 range, but if I can spend less that would be great (since I am on a budget).
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 4:46:57 PM

dios_et_dios said:
I am hoping for something in the $100 range, but if I can spend less that would be great (since I am on a budget).

Check this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/microatx-gaming-ove...

Of course money was no object here but if you posted your budget we could suggest a system.
m
l
July 26, 2012 4:58:14 PM

Overall budget is sub-$1,000 ($800 would be nice). You are welcome to suggest builds, but right now I am most interested in choosing a case.
m
l
July 26, 2012 5:00:47 PM

I like the look of several of the HTPC style cases (looking at silverstones). Will I run into problems trying to build a full-fledged desktop in a case like this?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 5:51:16 PM

dios_et_dios said:
I like the look of several of the HTPC style cases (looking at silverstones). Will I run into problems trying to build a full-fledged desktop in a case like this?

You might with the power supply but otherwise no.
m
l
!