AMD Radeon low core clock

So recently i got myself a AMD RADEON 6530D 512mb

and i installed a few games including battlefield 3. and when i got in game i had to run battlefield 3 on the lowest and 800x600. so i installed GPU-Z and i saw that my Core clock is always locked at 275mhz. the maximum is 444mhz.

The thing is i passed the minimum requirements for battlefield 3. Other games seem to be fine since they are not demanding. I was wondering how to unlock my core clock. MSI afterburner, Rivatuner or ATT did not help! :cry:

8 answers Last reply
More about radeon core clock
  1. There are methods to do that, you may risk warranty problems and possibly instability/overheating.
  2. fantastik250 said:
    There are methods to do that, you may risk warranty problems and possibly instability/overheating.

Next month i am upgrading to a gtx 460. But it shouldn't overheat since i got myself Fan for the gpu and 444 is the max which should be safe. may i have the methods?
  3. I'd suggest going to google and type unlocking graphics card.
  4. the AMD RADEON 6530D 512mb is an intergrated graphics chip, have you tried looking at GPUz when the system is running a game or benchmark.

it will have a low power draw "Idle" state and a full bore performance state for when its required.

asking the intergrated GPU to play games like BF3 is a tall order in the first place. im not supprised you find it unplayable.
  5. +1 "the AMD RADEON 6530D 512mb is an intergrated graphics chip". I assume that you have an AMD APU with built in graphics. It's not meant to be a graphics powerhouse for high end games such as BF3. That particular GPU would even struggle a bit with Diablo III.
  6. JKatwyopc said:
    +1 "the AMD RADEON 6530D 512mb is an intergrated graphics chip". I assume that you have an AMD APU with built in graphics. It's not meant to be a graphics powerhouse for high end games such as BF3. That particular GPU would even struggle a bit with Diablo III.

I tried Diablo III and running maxed out. don't see any problem. but the issue with battlefield 3 is the shadows even on Low they are EXTREMELY strong and they eat loads of fps. Like in battlefield 2 i get 150 FPS but with shadows on its about 70 which is okay
  7. Yes, BF3 is a CPU and GPU eater

8. And it shows the max at 444mhz. but here you see a solid lock
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Battlefield Games AMD Core Graphics