rolling on high lvl recipes

I am starting to creep towards lvl 60 and pretty soon I will be doing raid
dungeons such as BRS runs. Since my guild is small and we do not have that
many players near lvl 60 we have decided to ally with other small guilds in
order to have the numbers we need for raid dungeons. This brings me to the
question: How are recipes that drop handled for end-game raids. Why I ask
is certain plans can sell these recipes for big dollars and there is no way
of telling what the prof of outside players is. It basically falls on
trust, which in most cases is not good enough for either party. Is there a
legit system on how to roll on certain recipes or is it everyone's roll? I
know it's best to have your guild full of lvl 60s but as I mentioned we are
nowhere near that. During this time I have heard many different ways of
handling different items including class specific armor sets but have not
heard anything on recipes. Please share any ideas.

There r 3 ways i think:
1st: trust ( i use this...)
2nd: control (after getting recipe he should learn immediately, u c and
hear this (possibility, that he/she has another recipe with him/her and
learn this instead...)
3rd: before starting ask everyone which proffession he/she has... so,
in case a pattern drop u know who roll and who not. Problem is time to
do such a list...

another thing: i'm not sure but i think i never ever saw a pattern drop
in highlvl instances... many pattern r lying on floor or BOP, so only
the ones that need can get it...

On 2005-06-29 10:22:48 +0200, "El Durango" <El_Durango@yah00.c0m> said:

> I am starting to creep towards lvl 60 and pretty soon I will be doing
> raid dungeons such as BRS runs. Since my guild is small and we do not
> have that many players near lvl 60 we have decided to ally with other
> small guilds in order to have the numbers we need for raid dungeons.
> This brings me to the question: How are recipes that drop handled for
> end-game raids. Why I ask is certain plans can sell these recipes for
> big dollars and there is no way of telling what the prof of outside
> players is. It basically falls on trust, which in most cases is not
> good enough for either party. Is there a legit system on how to roll
> on certain recipes or is it everyone's roll? I know it's best to have
> your guild full of lvl 60s but as I mentioned we are nowhere near that.
> During this time I have heard many different ways of handling
> different items including class specific armor sets but have not heard
> anything on recipes. Please share any ideas.

One thing you could do is to demand all participating guilds to use the
'Guilded' addon. This addon is especially to facilitate cross-guild
alliances. There are options for Selling/Buying, planning Raid together
and (now we're getting there) you can check out every member's
professions + levels.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=905
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 55 - Bloodscalp EU

El Durango wrote:
> I am starting to creep towards lvl 60 and pretty soon I will be doing raid
> dungeons such as BRS runs. Since my guild is small and we do not have that
> many players near lvl 60 we have decided to ally with other small guilds in
> order to have the numbers we need for raid dungeons. This brings me to the
> question: How are recipes that drop handled for end-game raids. Why I ask
> is certain plans can sell these recipes for big dollars and there is no way
> of telling what the prof of outside players is. It basically falls on
> trust, which in most cases is not good enough for either party. Is there a
> legit system on how to roll on certain recipes or is it everyone's roll? I
> know it's best to have your guild full of lvl 60s but as I mentioned we are
> nowhere near that. During this time I have heard many different ways of
> handling different items including class specific armor sets but have not
> heard anything on recipes. Please share any ideas.

Well, there's two possibilities, obviously:

* Everyone rolls, since it's a BoE item which can be sold for decent bucks

* Person who can learn the recipe gets it; if multiple people can learn
it, they roll; if nobody can learn it, everyone rolls as above.

Either is plausible so make sure things are clear before you head off
with a pickup group.

If you go with the second option and have trust issues, I guess you
could insist that the winner learns the recipe immediately: that way you
get the visual "learning" effect at least (and does a message appear in
your combat log? I'm not sure)

Cheers!
David...