So I accidentally let my CPU overheat a couple of times this week. I didn't realize my fans were turned down and the pc crashed to bios and told me the cpu was overheating! I know, really really dumb. I was having a bad week!
Anyway my general question is should I be ok or do you think there's any lasting damage? The PC has been stable since then. Don't cpu's have a fail safe mechanism to shutdown if they get too hot?
An oversimplification is if it runs it's fine. It might have a reduced lifespan if it got really hot but you should be Ok.