Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Videocard not recognized

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 4, 2012 1:07:38 AM

I have a Asus M2N68 AM Plus board with 4 gigs of RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
650 Watt PS
AMD Phenom II X4 960T processor, 3013 mhz, 4 cores

Tried to plug in a Geforce GTX560 into my PC but got no response from the system that the card was present. I was able to boot up using a VGA cable and install the drivers to the card. Restarted then but still did not boot up. I have one power supply into it via the 6 pin connector. Had to buy a 4 pin converter to 6 pin in order to get the other power to the board.

This converter works as I tried it on the video card I have in my system now, an ATI Radeon HD 3800 series.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!

Don

More about : videocard recognized

a c 161 Î Nvidia
June 4, 2012 1:51:42 AM

What brand is the PSU? 650 watt quality ones have 2 x PCIe power minimum.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 4, 2012 7:12:27 AM

Have you tried the card on another PCI-E slot?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 4, 2012 2:42:07 PM

fantastik250 said:
Have you tried the card on another PCI-E slot?


I only have one slot on the board. I tried it in another computer and go no response either. Could card be dead? I can still RMA it back to them.

The power supply had just the single connector. The brand name is Chiefmax. Hoping there was a magic bullet I haven't tried yet.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 2:55:32 PM

Why do you people use cheap generic psu's to power their expensive pc components and then wonder why it wont' work?
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 3:06:44 PM

dengle_62 said:
I have a Asus M2N68 AM Plus board with 4 gigs of RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium
650 Watt PS
AMD Phenom II X4 960T processor, 3013 mhz, 4 cores

Tried to plug in a Geforce GTX560 into my PC but got no response from the system that the card was present. I was able to boot up using a VGA cable and install the drivers to the card. Restarted then but still did not boot up. I have one power supply into it via the 6 pin connector. Had to buy a 4 pin converter to 6 pin in order to get the other power to the board.

This converter works as I tried it on the video card I have in my system now, an ATI Radeon HD 3800 series.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!

Don

Did you remove the ATI drivers and install the Nvidia drivers?
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 3:14:00 PM

geekapproved said:
Why do you people use cheap generic psu's to power their expensive pc components and then wonder why it wont' work?


I have noticed that sometimes people just dont understand the difference or what really happens is they have a buddy that is a self proclaimed computer "Guru" that gives them parts suggestions without knowing any information. On the flip side sometimes the cheaper components can suprise you. How else is a new company going to get into a market unless they give people a reason to buy their product? Just my thoughs.

Flare
m
0
l
a c 161 Î Nvidia
June 4, 2012 4:29:22 PM

dengle_62 said:
I only have one slot on the board. I tried it in another computer and go no response either. Could card be dead? I can still RMA it back to them.

The power supply had just the single connector. The brand name is Chiefmax. Hoping there was a magic bullet I haven't tried yet.

If you tried the card in a different computer and everything was done correctly, power and drivers, and no go then most likely you proved the card dead.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
June 4, 2012 5:15:19 PM

+1 rolli59

The card has malfunctioned, RMA it.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 7:27:30 PM

I think I will RMA it.

In reply to a few of you. I uninstalled all the drivers from the previous card using the program Driver Sweeper. I then hooked up a vga cord using the onboard graphics to the monitor. Got it to start up and installed the drivers for the new card successfully, but the card was never seen in the device manager. Still turned it off and reconnected it. Went to the desktop like normal, only the screen went into sleep mode due to lack of detection.

Thanks for the advice. As for the Power Supply, it came with the PC rather when I bought it. Seems to have worked for the last 2 years I've had it in there without any problems.
m
0
l
a c 161 Î Nvidia
June 4, 2012 7:43:55 PM

Drivers will not install to the card unless it is the primary display selected in BIOS. The drivers installed on your nvidia IGP! Go into Bios select PCIe or PEG as primary display and try again!
m
0
l
!