Sign in with
Your question

[SOLVED]New build worked fine out of case but now will not turn on

Last response: in Systems
July 26, 2012 7:19:32 PM

the other day i tested the computer i built out of case and it worked fine, but now after i put it into the case it will not turn on at all, no fans spinning no lights. i am positive everything is plugged in
a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 7:33:57 PM

Check also the CPU Power Supply cable is in (4x4 or 2 times 4x4) cable that goes in next to the cpu socket.
a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 7:34:08 PM

Is the LED on the motherboard (if you have one) glowing when the computer is off ?
Related resources
July 26, 2012 7:37:21 PM

there are no LEDs glowing and yes that cable is plugged in
a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 7:46:03 PM

ddaarrkkssttaar said:
there are no LEDs glowing and yes that cable is plugged in

Check the back of the motherboard to make sure that all the standoffs are used to prevent the back of the motherboard touching the case sheet metal.

Double check the power switch connection to make sure you have it connected to the power switch jumpers (I know this maybe obvious...).
July 26, 2012 7:49:44 PM

i think the standoffs are my problem i wasnt even using them lol i just screwed the mobo to case

a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 7:57:16 PM

ddaarrkkssttaar said:
i think the standoffs are my problem i wasnt even using them lol i just screwed the mobo to case

Ahh, okay. Then immediately unplug power, and use standoffs. Then see if you accidentally fried something (keep fingers crossed).
July 26, 2012 8:05:07 PM

yep that was it thanks for your help!
a b B Homebuilt system
July 26, 2012 8:19:19 PM

ddaarrkkssttaar said:
nothing fried boots up fine

That's a great relief! Enjoy!
!