Help me to make my cpu fan work pls!

Hello, my problem is that the cpu fan wont work untill like 4-6 boots, i think this is because the fan wont work untill the cpu reaches a certain temperature, so can anyone help me where to find in the bios so the cpu fan is always on the mobo i have is Asus M5A78L-M USB3, im running the alpine 64 pro on 4 pins, i currently have it working on the 3 pin chasis fan, so its not a problem with the fan.
10 answers Last reply
More about help make work
  1. Why do you want it to spin all the time? It sounds like the fan control works and lets it spin, when it's needed. Or is it, because you get a "cpu fan error" message? Then goto the pc health section in bios and reduce the minimum fan speed to zero.
  2. Connect the Heatsink on the respective connector and try again.
    The fan should start immediately on power on and increase/decrease speed depending on what temps the CPU have.
    I don't know that ASUS bios but look for CPU FAN and make sure it is on auto or similar option.
  3. Why would you run it on a 3 pin and not the CPU designated 4 pin header?

Your computer is probably not booting since no fan boot is enabled in the bios (and tripped since your not using the 4 pin next to the CPU socket).
  4. blacknemesist said:
    Connect the Heatsink on the respective connector and try again.
    The fan should start immediately on power on and increase/decrease speed depending on what temps the CPU have.
    I don't know that ASUS bios but look for CPU FAN and make sure it is on auto or similar option.

I get the problem when its in CPU_FAN, on the splash screen it works a little then it stops and i get cpu fan error any idea or no?
    thanks for quick reply btw
  5. Supermuncher85 said:
    Why would you run it on a 3 pin and not the CPU designated 4 pin header?

Your computer is probably not booting since no fan boot is enabled in the bios (and tripped since your not using the 4 pin next to the CPU socket).

im not using it in the cpu fan header because that is where i get the problem so untill i find out how to fix it, it will continue to be there
  6. Is the fan obstructed by the cable? I've seen this happen a few times.
  7. Supermuncher85 said:
    Is the fan obstructed by the cable? I've seen this happen a few times.

no, i checked many times and if it was it wouldnt work in the 3 pin either
  8. Check 2.5.5 (2-18)in the manual, and CPU Q-Fan settings in bios.
  9. Supermuncher85 said:
    Check 2.5.5 (2-18)in the manual, and CPU Q-Fan settings in bios.

ill look now, thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Fan CPUs Components