Compress folder gone

Sony branded Windows XP SP1, Sony Vaio 3.2 GHZ.

I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
disappeared. How can I get it back.

Alex,
4 answers Last reply
More about compress folder gone

    abarna <abar@rr.com> wrote:

    >I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
    >folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
    >disappeared. How can I get it back.

    At Start > Run type
    REGSVR32 ZIPFLDR.DLL

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner wrote:
    > abarna <abar@rr.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I can still view zip files/folders, but I had the option in the
    >>folder view left pane of "Compress this folder". This option has
    >>disappeared. How can I get it back.
    >

    > At Start > Run type
    > REGSVR32 ZIPFLDR.DLL

    I ran that & got a success message & rebouted but the compress
    option still isn't under File and Folder Tasks.

    Alex,

    Here's another way to do it...

    Right click a folder | Properties | General tab | Advanced button |
    Compress contents to save disk space | OK | Apply |
    OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eC8jw8RRFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    abarna <abar@rr.com> hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel wrote:
    > Here's another way to do it...
    >
    > Right click a folder | Properties | General tab | Advanced button |
    > Compress contents to save disk space | OK | Apply |
    > OK

    Thanks, I'll have to remember that. It was much easier having it
    on the left pane.

Configuration Customization Windows XP