New Computer Build (mostly gaming) >$1000

Approximate Purchase Date: asap

Budget Range: >$1000 after shipping (give or take of course)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming, movies, cad, excel, internet

No Monitor

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: only have used newegg in the past, but open for any site

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Lansdale/Pennsylvania/United States

Parts Preferences: no preference

Overclocking:Maybe

SLI or Crossfire:Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1366 x 768

Additional Comments: WoW, Diablo III, VLC, AutoCad,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My laptop is shot and I would rather get a desktop since I no longer need it for college
5 answers Last reply
More about computer build mostly gaming 1000
  1. do you happen to have a microcenter near by? it can really save you a lot of money

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d5p1

this wil max out your games super easily. might want to buy a new monitor
  2. for your resolution u can pretty much make a crap build and get 60 fps for the monitor

i would say make a $900 computer and spend about $100+ on a 1080p monitor about 23"

if not, you can make a build pretty much using an i3, $100-$130 Mobo, $50-$75 case, a $100-$200 GPU, 4 GB of ram, and a 500W PSU

you can pretty much max out all settings with a build like this for your monitor

now if you do get a new monitor(which is not necessary but will upgrade the pretty pictures for your movies and games) i would make a rig like this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d5sH
  3. I do have another monitor with 1920 x 1080 res (around 21''). Ive been using my 32'' tv as my monitor which is what I originally started in the post; and yes there is a microcenter nearby.

Thanks for the feedback
  4. ok then good.

you can go to microcenter and get the i5 3570k for 189.99 and the asrock extreme4 board for around 99.99 dollars
  5. yep with a microcenter nearby you can save quite a bit

you can also get 2x4GB ram over there if you do not want to order online/pay shipping

this lets you spend more on stuff like GPU,PSU, and Case
    (ordered from most important to least)

you can already get a pretty cheap 520W supply and will work good

but if you are planning on getting a second GPU, you should make it go to 700W or more

if you want to spend more on the PSU and don't have enough for a good case(usually $80+ for good cable management) then get a modular PSU that is 700-800W

if you do have the case i would say to get your hands on a 670 GPU that will last for quite a while and it can fit inside your budget
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems