CPU fans for AMD A10 on ASRock

daumantas

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hello,
Do I have to buy a discrete CPU fan 1 and/or 2 for AMD A10 PCU on ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 4M board? Are those fans included in PCU or MB package? Is it worth to replace them with more silent ones (if they are included)? If they are not included, what about the heat sink?

socialfox

Distinguished
I hope you mean the CPU heatsink/fan, I believe that comes with your processor box. Motherboards do not include additional fans. In addition, you don't need to change the stock heatsink if your not overclocking. Stock clocks with the stock heatsink will do just fine. It can be worthwhile if you sensitive to how the stock AMD heatsink sounds at load, a cheap cooler to replace it can be the Hyper TX-3 or Hyper 212 EVO which are pretty silent compared to AMD's stock cooler.

daumantas

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Thank you, this answers my question.
I'm not going to overclock this computer, so I do not need to spend extra money now. Let's see how much noise makes stock heatsink for this CPU.

socialfox

Distinguished
I believe you will notice the noise when the CPU is at load and temperatures start to rise. I've never owned a stock heatsink but from what I hear on the threads, people complain of the stock cooler sounding like a jet engine :lol:

fragg3r

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Yeah, the AMD A10 make lots of noise while gaming (at least mine). Im planning to use the EVO 212 as socialfox said... I would let you know any news about this.

Latest posts