Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi im looking to buy a new rig and i was just wondering if the new graphics card im getting for it will fit. I want to get a gtx 570 but from what ive seen, this thing is a monster and i was wondering if this card would even fit in my computer. The MOBO im getting is a Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 MotherBoard. The Case is Apevia x-Trooper. Also if you could tell me, would this psu be able to support the card itself, 750Watts Ultra Power Supply. I know its got high enough wattage, its just the connectors im wondering about.

Solution
Everything looks good. The case looks big enough to handle it and the psu is more than sufficient. The real question is why an AMD build? Intel is usually the way to go for better performance

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Everything looks good. The case looks big enough to handle it and the psu is more than sufficient. The real question is why an AMD build? Intel is usually the way to go for better performance

Solution

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010

Please tell us whats wrong with his power supply?
Its 750w and most ultra psus are rated 80+ bronze.

The most important thing about determining if the card will fit is the case.It doesn't matter if the mobo is a micro-atx or not it all comes down to how much space the case has.

What X-Trooper case are you going to get exactly?They make several different models within that series.

Ultra isn't the best when it comes to PSU quality and honestly they make average stuff at best but they still offer some good PSU's on their higher end variants like the 750 watt.Personally I would suggest getting a better quality one.

What CPU are you going to use?

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012

The reason why its AMD is because its a rig im buying off of someone else. I dont have the extra cash for a brand new pc so im just going to find a nice used one and upgrade some things. If i could get a newer rig i would definitely go with an i5. But ive gotten alot of positive feedback on the phenom II X4 970 so im not tripping about it.

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012

If there is no reason to upgrade the case then i wont and the 750 watt psu is perfect for what i need.

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012

That makes me feel much better about the psu. The case is just the normal mid tower Xpevia Trooper, not the Junior. And the cpu im getting with this rig is a Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition. I would much rather have an intel setup but i cant be too picky honestly.

It should fit.Which GTX570 are you thinking of getting?

I thought I should add that if you are going for an AMD build their have been reports that AMD has already started production on Piledriver base CPU's.Which should be much better than the Phenom ii's.So that may be something to think about.

Ihazleetskillz

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I think im going to go with the EVGA GTX 570 from newegg. Has the lowest price and the best rating so i figured it should be good. And i have heard a bit about the piledriver but this computer has somewhat of a dated mobo and i dont know if its compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.