My PC restarts automatically after one/few hours of gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagoodfella92

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Hi, My specs are
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor @2.66GHZ
2GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA 9600GT
1TB HDD
and using Win7 x86

My PC, though on the low end, performs quite well and I never had problems with gaming either, every game usually runs with medium to high settings.

My problem started with Hitman: Absolution, it even runs smoothly on high settings but I played it on medium for the sake of my GPU, whenever I play it like an hour or so my PC suddenly restarts(no BSOD). The problem still persists after I uninstalled it and played L.A. Noire! I didn't overclock my CPU or GPU whatsoever, I tried re-installing all the drivers, set all my BIOS settings to default, checked the cpu temp and all seems normal.

AND BTW, I played L.A. Noire 3 times before in the past, played Max Payne 3 in max settings, Crysis 2, BF3, MoH:Warfighter, Assassin's Creed 3 WITHOUT any problems! But this thing is starting to worry me now... so what is the problem?
how can I fix it? or how to know if any of my hardware is faulty?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!

Solution
so is it only restarts while on gaming ?? can u do other tasks on your OS without restarting ?? is your PC completely turn off before restarts when the issue persists ??

imagoodfella92

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012

Hi, yup only during gaming.... when I'm not gaming there's no problem at all.. and yes, my system turns off then restarts! :whistle: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.