Closed Solved

Cable sleeving emergency!!

So I bought a cable sleeving mod kit yesterday and started today. I wiped a piece of my thumb nail off while trying to remove the cable outta the pin (You can actually see the flesh inside :fou: ). Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that I lost the track of the cables. I mean I don't know which is which to put the cables back in the connector :( . I drew a diagram of it, but there are 2 cables in black and I don't know which one go where. Any ideas guys? Appreciate a lot :hello:
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cable sleeving emergency
  1. Well find pics of the PSU cable in google ? :D
  2. LeoMatrix said:
    So I bought a cable sleeving mod kit yesterday and started today. I wiped a piece of my thumb nail off while trying to remove the cable outta the pin (You can actually see the flesh inside :fou: ). Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that I lost the track of the cables. I mean I don't know which is which to put the cables back in the connector :( . I drew a diagram of it, but there are 2 cables in black and I don't know which one go where. Any ideas guys? Appreciate a lot :hello:

Grounds on a 4 pin or sata strand ? As long as they go into the ground ports on the connector ( pins 2&3 Molex , 2&4 SATA ) it doesn't matter
  3. delluser1 said:
    Grounds on a 4 pin or sata strand ? As long as they go into the ground ports on the connector ( pins 2&3 Molex , 2&4 SATA ) it doesn't matter

What do you mean? It's a 4 pin, plugging into the the psu. The other end is molex connector. The diagram I drew shows that outer cable is yellow, then red, then black, and the other end is black. Looks like this
  4. Best answer
    This link will help in any cabling issues http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html as long as you haven't changed any of the wiring colors
  5. Got it. I compared it to the other cable. Thank you all :sarcastic:
  6. Best answer selected by LeoMatrix.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cable Components