Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cable sleeving emergency!!

Last response: in Components
December 8, 2012 8:11:36 PM

So I bought a cable sleeving mod kit yesterday and started today. I wiped a piece of my thumb nail off while trying to remove the cable outta the pin (You can actually see the flesh inside :fou:  ). Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that I lost the track of the cables. I mean I don't know which is which to put the cables back in the connector :(  . I drew a diagram of it, but there are 2 cables in black and I don't know which one go where. Any ideas guys? Appreciate a lot :hello: 
a b ) Power supply
December 8, 2012 8:25:39 PM

Well find pics of the PSU cable in google ? :D 
Score
a c 243 ) Power supply
December 8, 2012 8:57:28 PM

LeoMatrix said:
So I bought a cable sleeving mod kit yesterday and started today. I wiped a piece of my thumb nail off while trying to remove the cable outta the pin (You can actually see the flesh inside :fou:  ). Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is that I lost the track of the cables. I mean I don't know which is which to put the cables back in the connector :(  . I drew a diagram of it, but there are 2 cables in black and I don't know which one go where. Any ideas guys? Appreciate a lot :hello: 

Grounds on a 4 pin or sata strand ? As long as they go into the ground ports on the connector ( pins 2&3 Molex , 2&4 SATA ) it doesn't matter
Score
Related resources
December 8, 2012 11:34:21 PM

delluser1 said:
Grounds on a 4 pin or sata strand ? As long as they go into the ground ports on the connector ( pins 2&3 Molex , 2&4 SATA ) it doesn't matter

What do you mean? It's a 4 pin, plugging into the the psu. The other end is molex connector. The diagram I drew shows that outer cable is yellow, then red, then black, and the other end is black. Looks like this
Score

Best solution

a c 130 ) Power supply
December 8, 2012 11:44:24 PM

This link will help in any cabling issues http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.... as long as you haven't changed any of the wiring colors
December 9, 2012 2:27:54 AM

Got it. I compared it to the other cable. Thank you all :sarcastic: 
Score
December 9, 2012 2:28:32 AM

Best answer selected by LeoMatrix.
Score
!