Sign in with
Your question
Closed

NZXT Phantom Fan Controller Problem

Last response: in Components
December 8, 2012 8:18:11 PM

Hey everyone, recently i just built my first computer with the NZXT Phantom. All is well but after a week i noticed the left side panel fan controller light keeps blinking every 5 - 10 minutes. It's making me worried and kinda annoying. I have 2 120mm fans on that side, which came with the case. I would call customer service, but don't know if this is a serious problem.

Is there something wrong? Please help. Thanks dudes :) 

Case: ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... )
a b ) Power supply
December 9, 2012 12:03:58 AM

You should have a manual that came with the case, check it out and see if the blinking means something. I'm just guessing but I think it may mean something and it may be written in the manual. Nonetheless, you have every right to contact NZXT customer service since you are a customer and need help with your product, that's one of the reasons customer service exists for :lol: 

- Good luck :) 
Score
December 9, 2012 5:01:50 PM

This thread freaked the hell out of me.

I happen to own an NZXT Phantom Classic White and I've NEVER noticed that happen but I looked at my fan controller LEDs right after reading the OP's post and I swear, the LED which indicates left 2x 120mms blinked that very second.

Since I've had the case for nearly a year and my fans are running just fine, I assume it's a harmless issue.
Score
Related resources
December 9, 2012 7:58:36 PM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
This thread freaked the hell out of me.

I happen to own an NZXT Phantom Classic White and I've NEVER noticed that happen but I looked at my fan controller LEDs right after reading the OP's post and I swear, the LED which indicates left 2x 120mms blinked that very second.

Since I've had the case for nearly a year and my fans are running just fine, I assume it's a harmless issue.

Haha wow! Well, since the case is like 1 foot away from me it's really noticeable.

What's you're setup? I've been having a bit of trouble with the cooling and stuff, i might have a bunch of stuff in the wrong way :p  /noob
Score
December 11, 2012 1:44:33 AM

Trouble with cooling? What exactly with? Anyway, I have an Asus P8P67 Pro (rev. 3.1) motherboard with an Intel Core i7-2600 (non-K) CPU which is cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with both fans installed (push-pull config). I have an MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II and Corsair ValueSelect 2x4GB 1333 MHz RAM. As for cooling all this, I have all fan slots filled up - rear 120mm (included) exhaust, top 2x 200mm (one included, bought one NZXT extra) exhaust, front 140mm intake (Cooler Master, couldn't find 140mm NZXT fan here in India), side 2x 120mm intake (included). The only fan I can't install is the side 200mm because my CPU heatsink won't allow enough room for it. Generally, my CPU will idle at 27-32C and never goes above 40C in any games or video conversion I run and GPU will idle at about 34C and never exceeds 65C.
Score
June 24, 2013 11:30:29 PM

amk-aka-Phantom said:
Trouble with cooling? What exactly with? Anyway, I have an Asus P8P67 Pro (rev. 3.1) motherboard with an Intel Core i7-2600 (non-K) CPU which is cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212+ with both fans installed (push-pull config). I have an MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II and Corsair ValueSelect 2x4GB 1333 MHz RAM. As for cooling all this, I have all fan slots filled up - rear 120mm (included) exhaust, top 2x 200mm (one included, bought one NZXT extra) exhaust, front 140mm intake (Cooler Master, couldn't find 140mm NZXT fan here in India), side 2x 120mm intake (included). The only fan I can't install is the side 200mm because my CPU heatsink won't allow enough room for it. Generally, my CPU will idle at 27-32C and never goes above 40C in any games or video conversion I run and GPU will idle at about 34C and never exceeds 65C.

Hahaha, i totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for your reply, I'm planing on upgrading my cooling system with all the fans, this helped a lot. Sorry for replying 1 year later!

Score
!