No display

Hi,

Having a spot of trouble .. Any help would be welcome

I powered my comp up today but there is no display from the card. Removed the card and plugged onboard. Once again no display. Changed display but same result. The display is otherwise taking hdmi input (which is the input source for my comp also) from my home theatre.

Another things there the keyboard is also not powered even as the external disks and mouse all USB based are working. Also even a ps 2 keyboard is also not working.

In the case all seems to be working and powered. No suspicious beeps either on startup.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also I last used the comp last night when all was fine. There was a power outage in the night which lasted more than the ups could handle and there was a hard shutdown there am guessing.
6 answers Last reply
More about display
  1. Hi Psirohi,

Hate to say it, but it sounds like your motherboard may be dead. If you aren't getting any display, and your keyboard isn't working. Case fans could still draw power from the board even if it was damaged, so case fans working don't mean the motherboard is working.

Do you have another PC you could test your GPU and PSU in?
  2. Looks like it is between the PSU and motherboard.
  3. Swapped in another card. It's working. So it's the card I guess. Would be odd for pus to be aged or not pumping enough power for the card... Well it's under warranty. Fingers crossed
  4. psirohi said:
    Swapped in another card. It's working. So it's the card I guess. Would be odd for pus to be aged or not pumping enough power for the card... Well it's under warranty. Fingers crossed

And you never got the onboard working?
  5. Like one of life's mysteries it's up and working also...
  6. That is the main thing!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Keyboards Graphics Displays