Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

You currently do not have an Nvidia GPU..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 4, 2012 2:23:26 PM

...attached to a display.

Bought a new comp here is spec:

670gtx sli
PSU: 1200w corsair gold
i5-3570k
mobo: p8z77 work station
4x4g corsaire vengence 1600Hz.

Had several problem with kelper (driver stopped to work but could recoved by itself).

Got tired so I removed the sli option (on the nvidia settings). Everything went black and now everytimes I try to go on the Nvidia option it say that I currently do not have a Nvidia GPU attached to a display.

Have the lastest Nvidia driver installed. Unplguded 1 of the GPU, tryed both in differents PCIe slots, tryed different supply wire Nothing worked.

This is a new build so basicaly the PC never worked right at all.

P.S" The display is NOT on the mobo HDMI slots I didn't plugged it into the motherboard.

More about : nvidia gpu

June 4, 2012 2:26:43 PM

Wait I'm confused... you hooked the display to the motherboard video output instead of the graphics card output and you're confused why it says that it's not connected to the graphics card?

If that's actually true... you need to use the video output on the graphics card and not the motherboard.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 2:29:03 PM

BigMack70 said:
Wait I'm confused... you hooked the display to the motherboard video output instead of the graphics card output and you're confused why it says that it's not connected to the graphics card?

If that's actually true... you need to use the video output on the graphics card and not the motherboard.


my bad typed to fast and forgot to tyope the NOT.

It is not in the mobo it is on the GPU HDMI slots.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 4, 2012 2:43:59 PM

venur said:
...attached to a display.

Bought a new comp here is spec:

670gtx sli
PSU: 1200w corsair gold
i5-3570k
mobo: p8z77 work station
4x4g corsaire vengence 1600Hz.

Had several problem with kelper (driver stopped to work but could recoved by itself).


Go to the Asus motherboard BIOS and changed from PCI express 3.0, to PCI express 2.0.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 2:47:17 PM

randomkid said:
Go to the Asus motherboard BIOS and changed from PCI express 3.0, to PCI express 2.0.


I will try it just to see if it fix the problem but I"ve paid quite a lot of money to get 4x PCI.e 3.0 and two card that are PCI.e 3.0 rdy.

Ill post result.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 2:58:40 PM

I heard from a lot of forum the exactly the same problem involving the the GTX 670 & the Asus p8z77. There are a few confirmations that this work but yeah, its a shame if it turns out PCIe 3.0 wont work. Anyway, it's worth a try.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 4:07:33 PM

still trying to figure how to switch from pcie 3.0 to 2.0
m
0
l
!