Help with upgrade

Hi guys, I got 150 bucks to upgrade my rig and I need your opinion, is it worth to spend this money on a upgrade or should i save more money to go the Intel way?
Mostly I use my computer for gamming and work on Acad (2d, no renders) this are the specs:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
Cpu: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @3.2 Ghz
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 4 GB
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB
HDD: Seagate SATA II 250 GB
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W
On a Coolermaster HAF-922 and a Coolermaster V8 for the cpu.

I haven't OC anything, looking forward to do it. it's been running for about 8 months

I play 1920 x 1080 on a benq 24" led, BF, all CoD, L4D, Doom 3, Assassin's Creed, Batman AA and AC, Grid, Borderlands.

Thanks a lot for the advice.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help upgrade
  1. Best answer
    Personally, there isnt much you can do with the 150 that will greatly increase overall performance significantly besides cpu cooler and overclocking. In my opinion, i would personally save the 150$ and wait to splash out on major changes later(like the haswell cpu+mobo which will cost you at least past 300$ ish for a next gen i5+good mobo) or save for a 240$+ gpu as the difference between your 6870 and the near 200 is only a bit better to some extent.
  2. Autocad loves RAM...get at least another 4 GB for a total of 8 GB. Maybe another HDD if you are running out of storage....or get a 120 GB SSD.

3. I'm gonna save extra money to make the change to skt1155; I have been reading and I guess is the best. Thanks for your advices.
  4. Best answer selected by casgdl.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooler Master Systems