Sign in with
Your question

I5-3570k + what mobo? + a few other questions

Last response: in CPUs
December 8, 2012 9:37:18 PM

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I’m looking to upgrade my computer and I have a few questions I can’t seem to find any answers for by general searching. My computer expertise is fairly limited, I’m just a keen PC gamer with some spare money. I don’t want to upgrade (after this) until after the PS4/xbox720 comes out and game makers knock it up a notch.

Anywho, I’m looking to replace my old Phenom II x4 965 with an i5-3570k which I’m fine with, but what I’m unsure about is;

Which motherboard to get? I’m going to be replacing my Crosshair IV Formula and I can’t decide if getting an Asus Sabertooth Z77 is unnecessary for my needs or something like the Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-D3H would be fine. It’s about £65 price difference which I can afford, but if I don’t need to spend extra then I would prefer not to. I don’t plan on doing any serious over clocking, I may dabble a little but nothing serious.

Will I need to upgrade my 650w PSU?

Will I need to upgrade my Antec 200 case, is it big enough? I’ve got an Asus GTX 570 directcu ii, which is fairly massive.

Any advice would be great, Thank you.

More about : 3570k mobo questions

a c 202 à CPUs
December 8, 2012 9:45:21 PM

The Sabertooth would be totally overkill, its made for extreme OC which you won't be doing...

Your 650W PSU is perfectly fine...

So is your case...
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 8, 2012 10:05:29 PM

I recommend MSI Mpower - well built, tested for 24 hours with an overclocked i7 for stability, and good hardware support!
December 8, 2012 10:07:49 PM

I'm looking for something with high build quality that will last at least a few years, is there any mobo's anyone would recommend to go with the 3570k?
December 8, 2012 10:09:27 PM

payturr said:
I recommend MSI Mpower - well built, tested for 24 hours with an overclocked i7 for stability, and good hardware support!

Looks good, thanks for the tip, definitely one to consider.
a b à CPUs
December 8, 2012 10:10:34 PM

Mindtrix_86 said:
Looks good, thanks for the tip, definitely one to consider.

You're welcome, its quite the nice board - black PCB so it goes well with any system.
!