Cabinet and gpu compatibilty

Solution
The size of the cabinet is not the restricting factor when choosing a graphics card. The more important factor is the power supply capacity. In your case, you only have 250W which does not allow for the more powerful card.

Another determining factor is the resolution of your monitor. The higher the resolution (like 1920x1080), the more powerful graphics card you need.

So please tell us what is you monitor resolution and how much are you willing to spend for your graphics card upgrade?

randomkid

Distinguished
The size of the cabinet is not the restricting factor when choosing a graphics card. The more important factor is the power supply capacity. In your case, you only have 250W which does not allow for the more powerful card.

Another determining factor is the resolution of your monitor. The higher the resolution (like 1920x1080), the more powerful graphics card you need.

So please tell us what is you monitor resolution and how much are you willing to spend for your graphics card upgrade?

Solution

abhisheak

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
i know about other factors
i am having a cooler master 350w psu
and i will upgrade it as and when required
and i know other factors like hd resolution ,bandwith and all that stuff
so only thing i want to know is the size of cabinet good enough to fit the graphic card,because my cabinet is small,as far as i know?

For the specific card you have in mind, google the card along with the card length.
Or, go to the card manufacturer's web site, and the specs should tell you how long it is.
Measure from the rear bracket to the first obstruction which might be a hard drive cage.

Your case is wide enough for any card.

A 7750 is about the strongest card that will not need a psu change. It is only about 7" long.

randomkid

Distinguished
Great. If you are still on the look out for best graphics card for you, it still helps to let us know to match the graphics card & we can restrict the selection from these cards for a choice that will surely fit in you case.

I used to have similar case to your & I am able to accommodate an HIS iceQ 4890 into it. But we can only tell which card to fit in your case based on your resolution & games you wish to play.

If you want a straight answer without further consideration about the resolution, then geofelt's recommendation is good. Just make sure you get the 800Mhz version of the 7750 & not the 900MHz version which will require a 6PIN connector.

monu_08

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
i m indian and i want to say flipkart best for ordering products special pc components
i order corsair 400 r good one and i want say that sapphire 6790 is good one
http://www.hwcompare.com/9964/geforce-gtx-550-ti-vs-radeon-hd-6790/

randomkid

Distinguished

I hope you get enough money from your Dad for the 7750. It is the best option for it have the maximum graphics performance without upgrading your PSU.
The 6970 is a little better but your PSU can not handle it.

By the way, if your monitor is full HD, its resolution is 1920x1080. Yes, you can lower the resolution to 1366x768 so the 7750 can play but the pictures will be stretched. You can try to play in 1920x1080 with lowered game settings and see what looks better for you.

randomkid

Distinguished

Yes, the i3 can fully use the 6850.
And Yes, the 6850 & 6790 are better than 6770. But all these cards is not be supported by your current power supply.

randomkid

Distinguished

randomkid

Distinguished
Sure. But we do have budget consideration here...