Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building first gaming pc $500-600

Last response: in Systems
July 27, 2012 5:36:03 AM

Hello,
I don't know much about gaming pc's hardware but i hear its cheaper to build one than buy one premade. Im looking for something 500-600max. Anything that will allow me to run games like dayz the warz, starcraft2 on medium to high resolution. Is it possible to hook up the desktop to my labtop and play that way? Also how much more would i be looking at if i wanted the desktop to also allow my brother to run another game at the same time? Not the biggest gamer so i dont need the fanciest setups, just enough to get the job done with that being said i understand i get what i pay for. No monitor, no blue ray. Either tiger,newegg, or ibuy would be preferred

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2012 5:47:07 AM

Here, try something like this...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d70w

You'll only be able to hook up the desktop to your laptop if your laptop has a hdmi input...otherwise I don't believe it's possible.
July 27, 2012 5:53:14 AM

that looks very affordable thanks! kind of feels like buying my first car not exactly knowing what im getting myself into but i appreciate the info. Will two people be able to run games at the same time if i bought another dvd drive? I might be able to get my brother to chip in extra if there would be a bigger cost.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2012 6:09:02 AM

No, I don't believe you'd be able to run two games on one system at the same time. That would be very resource intensive. The CPU and GPU wouldn't be able to handle it.

You'd also need more than one monitor as well as multiple keyboards and mice. You'd definitely be able to take turns playing games, but I just don't see it being plausible to run two games at the same time on one system.
July 27, 2012 6:12:35 AM

he has a labtop also that he can use as a monitor. But what you're saying is i would have to invest well over $1000 for that type of machine which in that case two separate desktops could just be made instead right?
July 27, 2012 6:13:11 AM

Best answer selected by alnmtz86.
a b 4 Gaming
July 27, 2012 6:20:22 AM

alnmtz86 said:
he has a labtop also that he can use as a monitor. But what you're saying is i would have to invest well over $1000 for that type of machine which in that case two separate desktops could just be made instead right?

Pretty much. That and I'm not entirely positive that playing on one machine would even be a viable option. To be honest, I'm not even sure how that would even work, lol. :lol: 

Sorry, I've just never experimented with your idea before. It'd be something to research though. It may be feasible. I'm just not certain. Sorry :( 
July 27, 2012 10:13:33 AM

I went on ibuypower just to use their benchmark test for the setup you advised. that graphics card came up with medium results for BF3.

saw a review that said he was getting ultra on sc2 and high on BF3 for this one and its cheaper. Is there a reliable benchmark you all use for specific games your catering to when building a desktop?? http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
!