CPU will only work with 1 monitor out of 4

DebED

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I bought a new CPU. I still want to use the other one for different things. I am using the same monitor with the new CPU that I used with the older CPU. I got a monitor from a friend (Yes, it works, I saw it before I got it). When I turn on the monitor to the old computer, it says "no signal" and goes blank. I put the other monitor back on it, and it works as it always does did. I put the friend's monitor back on and it says "no Signal". I have tried 3 other working monitors on the old CPU and they all say "no signal", except the monitor I used to use on it, which is now hooked up to the new CPU. What's the problem???

popatim

Titan
Are these DVI monitors? or VGA?

DVI has several formats, One is all anaolg signals (DVI-A), the other is pure digital signals (DVI-D), and the last combines both (DVI-I). You cannoth use a dvi-d monitor of a dvi-a gpu and vise-versa. Dvi-i will work on either provided you use the correct cable (dvi-a/dvi-d/dvi-i)

Vga is all analog signals only so the problem is probably resolution or refresh rate. Try using the monitor that works and set the resolution to 800x600 @ 60hz refresh rate and then swap monitors and it should work since thats a standard svga resolution. Once you can see the screen you look up the native resolution of the monitor you're using and then set the resolution and refresh rate to that.