Hyundai Q17

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Its been reviewed, it looks like a good deal, two questions... wheres the Hyundai website with this screen & where can you get it in the UK ???

(only found the car websites... not what I am wanting to hook up to my R9700pro...)

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...

dukeofcrydee

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Seems like this monitor either hasn't really been released yet. I'm in the U.S. and can't find a single thing.

Pricewatch brings back only 2 results. One for Newegg.com, who only has the Analog Only version of the monitor, and some other site (i forget the name) that doesn't even have it on their site anymore.

Looks like my old Nokia 447xi will have to work overtime till this thing really comes out.

dukeofcrydee

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Yeah. I believe the model number used on Newegg was Q17BS. And if you view the pictures they have a back shot showing only the VGA & power ports. No DVI.

So be careful people!

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
okay - i see what you mean. I kind of want a monitor with dvi because for some reason my gpu can't output 2 analog signals at the same time (asus geforce ti 4400). I also kind of like the new flat panels now that the response times are better.

"Don't question it!!!" - Err

hulmanite

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Same here. As soon as I read the article, I went out searching for it with intentions to buy. It will be my first LCD monitor. I am happy with the analog, though. I do not require DVI, so is the one at newegg the same thing? What I mean is, does it have the USB hub and video input features as the one reviewed does?

hulmanite

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
So, I called around. Its almost impossible to get one of these monitors if you are not a major company buying many of them, but I did locate a company called ASI in chicago that has them and the Hyundai L70A-S (which is the same monitor w/out the USB hub and a relocation of the speakers).

Anyways, ASI told me they cant sell to end users so they gave me the name of a distributer (AB distributing) that could probably sell me one. I'm waiting for them to call me back. If anyone wants the number to AB Distributing, let me know.

Torque

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
What is the number you called... and what did you ask for... because i cant find anything on their website...

THANKS

To the person who asked for the website... all i found was
www.hyundaiQ.com and that has the specs... but no where to buy, so hopefully the poster above me gets back :)

But it does not mention anything about the 20ms response rate... so im not sure.. :)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Torque on 06/26/03 07:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
sweet, thanks for the link, all I could find were car sites...
all I wanna figure out is if you can buy one of these, will they deliver to the UK ??? mebbie a rebrand like to AOC or something...

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...

Arglesnaf

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
I would like the number as well! Did you get the one with DVI? Outpost.com had them, but discontinued them in December 02

hulmanite

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Okay, so sorry to keep you all waiting for this, but I left the number at work! and wont be going back for another week. But here is how to get it.

On the HyundaiIq website go to customer service and call them. Ask them for the number for the number to ASI in chicago. Now, ask ASI for AB Distributing's number (ask to talk with Janette) and Janette will sell you one for $396 + $12 s&h.

I wish i could be of more assistance, but I left all the contact info at work.

BigD

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
I've had the ImageQuest Q17 for about 2 months. Great monitor. But I have one problem...

I tried the color management files from Tom's article and they did not seem to make one bit of difference to my screen. I tried both the 5000K and 6500K files and nothing happened when I set them as default and applied the setting. I know on my TV when I make a 5000K to 6500K switch it is quite noticable.

I tried different settings on the monitor... user, mode1, and mode2. Nothing. Tried the Q17 file that came with the monitor driver at the hyundaiq site, no change either.

I though it might happen after rebooting, but I could not detect any differnce.

Does anyone know what's up? Is there something I'm missing.

Running XP Pro using nForce2 onboard video (Shuttle SN41G2)
Tried on seperate nVidia card, no difference. Using 44.03 Nv drivers.

BTW, if you can get to a Fry's grand opening, you can get this great monitor for $299.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BigD on 06/27/03 01:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
The NewEgg version has no USB ports either. I wouldn't get the analog version because of what the THG review said.

dukeofcrydee

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Didn't notice that. Although I wouldn't get analog simply for the fact that DVI is superior. To move to an LCD display for gaming and keep an analog connection would be silly.

Arglesnaf

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
I called AB, and you may want to cancel their order, since they sold you a L70 with the AU panel, and not a Q17 with the hyundai panel. (I spoke with Sandy and told her that someone the day previous bought a Q17 from them through Janette, and they said you ordered a L70)

I have called every distributor except for one on www.hyundaiq.com, including Fry's.

Three said it was discontinued, but most simply said that they could not get it.

I am a very unhappy man =(

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Arglesnaf on 06/27/03 01:59 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Torque

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
that sucks!!!!!!!

man, who reviews a product... says it is the best -- just to find out that it is not available in America...

ARG

Torque

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
I just emailed hyundaiq.com and got an answer .. bad news..

"We stopped selling Q17 model with DVI about six months ago.
The next models came out is Q17B and L70S which are analog versions.

As DVI options are built in the system, we do not
sell seperately as parts.

However, we are coming up with 19" with DVI in mid July. Model is L90D with a 25 ms typ.

Thank you for your interest in our product."

That was the answer...

so no hyundai for me :(

planet_bill

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2003
I've been at this crazy frenzy all day trying to locate and figure out what the deal is with the Q17. I also sent a comment to Tomshardware describing our issue with them recommending a discontinued monitor, and suggested they post an update.

Apparently the Q17 can come in analog of digital as the New Egg pics show. There are a few sources that are still selling the S70s which is a replacement for the Q17 but it is analog only. I want the digital Dvi definitely.

I think I've located a couple of sources that claim they still have Q17's they can ship but none were able to verify that they have the digital version. Perhaps the digital's would be much more expensive?

Anyway, we ran out of time - since it is Friday, but they are supposed to get back with me on Monday to let me know if they are the digital versions. If they are I'll pass the information on to the rest of you,...well, after I purchase one :cool:.

If this doesn't work out, what would be the next best choice for the money - the Hitachi CML174SXW? Good luck!

THX

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2003
Too bad it's over $500 at Newegg. :( It also lists as 16ms response time, meaning an AU panel. Hope Hyundai comes out with the next model soon.

hulmanite

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
well, if i get it in the mail and its not a Q17, i'm returning it. I hate it that companies can take the liberty and substitute "equivalent items" without asking.

gamato

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003
"We stopped selling Q17 model with DVI about six months ago. The next models came out is Q17B and L70S which are analog versions." -earlier in thread, from Hyundai via email

I noticed the price for the monitor jumped on newegg.com by $20 soon after the appearance of the THG article. I just checked and it is $399.99, and will apparently be back in stock as of July 1. The product link on newegg's website (http://www.imagequest.co.kr/pro_q17.asp) takes you to the Q17, which lists digital input (DVI) as a feature.

So either this monitor is still being sold and the information from Hyundai was wrong or has changed (perhaps due to a surge of interest after the THG article?), or maybe newegg.com just got a hold of a few more of these monitors.

Or maybe Newegg is doing some false advertising, but that seems unlikely given their customer service record. Maybe you can still get this monitor after all.