Simple prob using Linksys. Please help

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

I'm running a linksys hub/router 10/100 like almost everyone else in
the US and i can't understan why i can't get more than a 10Mbit
connection. The Router/hub is 10/100 and my cards are set for auto
config speed.
If i manually set them up for 100 then my througput is horrible. On
auto and can usually sustain a 9-10Mb connection. What gives? How
are people achieving such high transfer rates like u always read about
in tech mags and stuff. Even in my office. It will say connected at
a 100 but the through put is horrible, even if i'm the only one in the
office working. I know there are a million variables. I'm an Admin
so i just want general info. I could never achieve more than 10Mb
connection anywhere.

help or thoughts on this.

More about simple prob linksys help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

    how are you judging your throughput? what program are you using?

    KK

    "gergy" <gergyhead@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
    > I'm running a linksys hub/router 10/100 like almost everyone else in
    > the US and i can't understan why i can't get more than a 10Mbit
    > connection. The Router/hub is 10/100 and my cards are set for auto
    > config speed.
    > If i manually set them up for 100 then my througput is horrible. On
    > auto and can usually sustain a 9-10Mb connection. What gives? How
    > are people achieving such high transfer rates like u always read about
    > in tech mags and stuff. Even in my office. It will say connected at
    > a 100 but the through put is horrible, even if i'm the only one in the
    > office working. I know there are a million variables. I'm an Admin
    > so i just want general info. I could never achieve more than 10Mb
    > connection anywhere.
    >
    > help or thoughts on this.

Connection Linksys Networking