ATI Radeon 7950

madbadger89

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hey,

I have an ATI Radeon 7950 with a Sabertooth 990 FX motherboard and an octocore AMD 3.6 ghz processor. Everything has been wired correctly, but for the life of me I cannot get anything to display on my monitor, an ACER LED. I have tried HDMI, and DVI but consistently receive a message that no input has been detected. Either I am a moron, or just a huge idiot. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,
Mike

madbadger89

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Yep. Everything is receiving power. I tested an alternate working monitor with DVI input and the same thing occurred. Unfortunately, as the 990 FX has no on board GPU, I cannot get by to install the drivers for the video card that may ultimately end up being the cause, or the lack thereof. I have built rigs in the past, but never had any issues like this. That guide is fantastic, and I followed it through to the end with 100%. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate the help

madbadger89

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Not atm. I can bring it to work tomorrow and test. Also going to snag a lower end model to test and see if I can get any output from there. Guess thats all for the moment, you were extremely helpful

drjiga

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
I had the same issue with slightly different hardware -- quad core Athlon and 6850s in xfire. As random as it seems, the problem turned out to be one bad stick of ram out of four. No signal to the monitors and not error code beeps to suggest ram issue. Try pulling all ram modules out and then try each one individually.