Monitor flashes off, but other one works fine?

I'm having a bit of a =\ moment with my 1. Graphics card, or hopefully monitor.

I have 2 monitors in, this morning I woke up turned on the computer, my main monitor didn't flash anything up, my other one loaded fine, pictured everything fine.

I restart the computer, switch the ports around, turn on and eh, it works. I thought it was the GPU but at this point I thought maybe just a twitch or something.

few hours later. The same monitor goes off, even tho it's in a different port.

Instead of resetting I go into screen settings disable the monitor, then enable again. It comes on and shows fine.

So whats up? Is it my GPU or the Monitor? If it's the Monitor, am I damaging my GPU by using it?
4 answers Last reply
More about monitor flashes works fine
  1. No, you are not damaging the GPU. Have you gone to power options and not let the monitor sleep?
  2. fantastik250 said:
    No, you are not damaging the GPU. Have you gone to power options and not let the monitor sleep?

Mmm I might give this a try, I'll see if I can find it
  3. fantastik250 said:
    No, you are not damaging the GPU. Have you gone to power options and not let the monitor sleep?

Ok I've selected sleep - never

But tbh, it's never happens before and I've had it for about 2 years now,
    and it tends to happen when you first turn the computer on, it refuses to turn on, and cycles.

But if you disable it then enable/or restart computer, it can turn on.

I'll see what happens over the next few hours, I got a monitor atm so not a big deal if it does broke, they're cheap to replace, thanks!
  4. One thing you can do is clean out the previous drivers. Download driver sweeper. install it. Then go into boot mode uninstall current drivers, use driver sweeper, then re-install new drivers. See if that works out for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Monitors Graphics