Sign in with
Your question

Monitor flashes off, but other one works fine?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 4, 2012 10:14:44 PM

I'm having a bit of a =\ moment with my 1. Graphics card, or hopefully monitor.

I have 2 monitors in, this morning I woke up turned on the computer, my main monitor didn't flash anything up, my other one loaded fine, pictured everything fine.

I restart the computer, switch the ports around, turn on and eh, it works. I thought it was the GPU but at this point I thought maybe just a twitch or something.

few hours later. The same monitor goes off, even tho it's in a different port.

Instead of resetting I go into screen settings disable the monitor, then enable again. It comes on and shows fine.

So whats up? Is it my GPU or the Monitor? If it's the Monitor, am I damaging my GPU by using it?

More about : monitor flashes works fine

a c 99 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 5, 2012 12:21:03 AM

No, you are not damaging the GPU. Have you gone to power options and not let the monitor sleep?
June 5, 2012 11:45:22 AM

fantastik250 said:
No, you are not damaging the GPU. Have you gone to power options and not let the monitor sleep?

Mmm I might give this a try, I'll see if I can find it
Related resources
June 5, 2012 11:49:21 AM

fantastik250 said:

Ok I've selected sleep - never

But tbh, it's never happens before and I've had it for about 2 years now,
and it tends to happen when you first turn the computer on, it refuses to turn on, and cycles.

But if you disable it then enable/or restart computer, it can turn on.

I'll see what happens over the next few hours, I got a monitor atm so not a big deal if it does broke, they're cheap to replace, thanks!
a c 99 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 5, 2012 8:00:38 PM

One thing you can do is clean out the previous drivers. Download driver sweeper. install it. Then go into boot mode uninstall current drivers, use driver sweeper, then re-install new drivers. See if that works out for you.
!