The mighty Hunter and companion

Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
and I think they will make a good team.

One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?

One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
use (shes always had a hunter) and she always

Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot

I personally would

Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote in message
> Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
> class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
> passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
> cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
> and I think they will make a good team.

I've been almost exclusively hunters since I started the game, and I'm still
learning. My Dwarf has a cat, in fact all my hunters have cats. They can
learn all the abilities and can be made into a good tank using talent
points. Up to 40, I put everything into the pets talent points, specially
beefing up speed and thick hide.

> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?

Check the hunter groups in the WoW forums. There are links to pet ability
stats and help updating your pets ablilities. Not all pets can do all
abilities. For what abilities you pet has or can be trained on currently,
check the pet training icon in the first page of your spell book.

> One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
> good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
> use (shes always had a hunter) and she always
>
> Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot
>
> I personally would
>
> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

I have a macro that I use that puts the hunter mark and sends the pet. Then
I use the concussive shot, it confuses the target and allows the pet to gain
hold and prevents it from coming to me. After that I use a variety of
shots, what ever I feel like.

My partner and I are currently running up two trolls as hunters. I have
Echeyakee as a pet, she has Humar. We are both dual yield with axes which
we upgrade constantly and upgrade armor when it's needed. As a team we're
able to take on mobs that are 5 or 6 levels higher then we are and what
limited PVP we've done has shown the same results. At 30 we took on a level
53 human warrior who was killing a level 13 tauren hunter and dispatched him
in about 15 seconds. Hunters can be made into a real killing machine when
they are paired up or solo'd, just took me a while to figure out how.

sorry.. but didn't i understand it?!? u both were lvl 30 and killed a
53 warrior?!? that is not possible i think.. not if the warrior has
nearly full live (and he supposed to have while killing a lvl 13).
He would resist 99% of ur (and ur pets) attacks... i think if it was a
40 warrior it would be nearly impossible but 53....

"One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
pets abilities so as another pet can use them. How do I do this? and
does it apply to things like wolves being able to hamstring? ( I think
it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy). Also, does my pig retain
its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?"

You can learn one or two things from the pet trainer in town. Cower,
and maybe Growl too I think. (It's been while.)

But Bite, and Claw, and now Dash and Dive, are abilities that you must
"learn" from a pet.

Basically you get the pet that has this ability. The Bear in
Ashenvale, for example, has Claw. Not all Bears have Claw. Tame one,
then check to see if it has this ability. Your pet will have it's own
tab on the Skills & Abilities page.

So you stable your current pet, or the one you want to give this new
ability to. (Remember that as they level up they'll need updated
training in their abilities too. You'll be doing this a couple of
times.)

Go out, tame a beast with the ability you want to learn. Make it
somewhat happy and get it to attack a few things. At some point you'll
get the message that you learned the ability from the pet. At that
point you can release the pet, return to the stable, get your main pet
and train him provided he has the talent points to spend.

Recently I've brought my hunter out of retirement so I could get some
new abilities for my pet. He has level 4 of growl, claw, and bite, and
I wanted to train him in Dash too. (He was originally called King
Bangalash in his former life before being captured by me. Now he's
simply called Royalty.) Anyway, he's a fast cat and I want to maintain
him. (Most of my talent points have gone into Beast Mastery.)

I found he could learn Dash 2 so I stabled him, went to the Badlands,
and tamed myself a Ridge Stalker Patriarch. He had Dash 2 and I'm
going to have to exercise him a bit and learn it from him. I can't
keep him since he's many levels below Royalty.

So, in short, you have to use a pet that has the ability you want to
learn and you'll quickly learn it from him. And the innate abilities
of some creatures are not kept once you tame them. (Though you will
keep the speed of the original animal you'll lose the original unique
abilities, like the wolf's for example.)

As for pet use, I've developed a very tenacious and fast tank, and put
lots of extra loving (talent points) into it. Some will tag the mob
with a concussive shot early on. I have no need. Once my pet latches
on, it has the undivided attention of the mob. I fire the Serpent
Sting first and get that damage started, then the Arcane Shot. (I also
wear high agility armor, and not the chain mail, since I'm never, so
very rarely, attacked directly.)

"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:

> I personally would
>
> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

My hunter is only level 15 (so I write this more to get advice than
to give). I usually do:
- Send the pet to the mob and cast hunters mark
- Wait until the mob lost about 10% health
- Attack with everything I have (serpent sting and arcane shot)
- Use concussive only when the mob turns to me
When the mob dies, I send my pet after the next mob, and while it
starts attacking the target, I skin the last mob :)

If there's an add, I pull the first mob to me using distractive
shot and finish it off, while I let the pet tank the new mob. Mend
pet if required.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

maxnews01@web.de writes:

> He would resist 99% of ur (and ur pets) attacks...

That doesn't apply in PvP.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

<maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
> sorry.. but didn't i understand it?!? u both were lvl 30 and killed a
> 53 warrior?!? that is not possible i think.. not if the warrior has
> nearly full live (and he supposed to have while killing a lvl 13).
> He would resist 99% of ur (and ur pets) attacks... i think if it was a
> 40 warrior it would be nearly impossible but 53....

PvP has no level penalties. So a level 1 can hit a level 60 just as well as
a level 1 mob. Of course the 60 has more life etc. But it is possible. Just
takes a long time. As a mage at level 20 I have sheeped a level 60 war who
challenged me to a dual, until I got tired of it.

mikel

maxnews01@web.de wrote:
> sorry.. but didn't i understand it?!? u both were lvl 30 and killed a
> 53 warrior?!? that is not possible i think.. not if the warrior has
> nearly full live (and he supposed to have while killing a lvl 13).
> He would resist 99% of ur (and ur pets) attacks... i think if it was a
> 40 warrior it would be nearly impossible but 53....

The rules for resists are different in PVP, to level the playing field some.

I have no trouble believing that two level 30 hunters beat a 53 warrior,
especially if he was busy with someone else when they attacked him.
Statistically, hunters are soft in PVP, but a well-played hunter *can*
be a very tough opponent; I've seen it first-hand. In particular, a
hunter who is good at staying out of reach and shooting while running,
and who has a pet with decent DPS, can cause a lot of trouble.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:52:00 -0700, "X715" <None@nowhere.com> scribed into
the ether:

>"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote in message

>> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
>> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
>> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
>> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
>> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?
>>
>Check the hunter groups in the WoW forums. There are links to pet ability
>stats and help updating your pets ablilities. Not all pets can do all
>abilities. For what abilities you pet has or can be trained on currently,
>check the pet training icon in the first page of your spell book.

Significantly, boars cannot learn "Cower", which is a useful ability when
instance running to keep your pet from throwing aggro all over the place.
Paying attention to your pet can eliminate the need for it, but it is
useful to have. Other than that, boars make great pets.

Dash is a higher level ability. What the boars have is more like a
Warrior's Charge than the dash ability the pets can learn. Lots of
creatures have abilities they will lose once you tame them and make
them yours. What they will retain is their unique coloration and their
speed. Some used to retain their resists, but I think that changed.

Looking for Dash, unless you can find a Level 30 creature outside of
Ironforge, aside from the random Troll and Orc raiders, you'll need to
look in a higher level area.

For Dash 1, requiring pet level 30 to learn, creatures that have it:

· Badlands: Crag Coyote (36), Elder Crag Wolf (?)
· Desolace: Magram Bonepaw (37-38)
· Stranglethorn Vale: Stranglethorn Tigers (32-33)
· Swamp of Sorrows: Swamp Jaguar (37)

The Swamp Jaguar also has a nice and high attack speed.

For Dash 2:

· Badlands: Broken Tooth (37), Ridge Stalker Patriarch
· Blasted Lands: Ashmane Boar (48)
· Feralas: Longtooth Runner (40-41)
· Hinterlands: Old Cliff Jumper (42), Silvermane Stalker (48)
· Stranglethorn Vale: Bhag'Thera (Elite 43), Elder Shadowmaw Panther
(41-43)
· Tanaris: Blisterpaw Hyena (41-42), Starving Blisterpaw (42)

(this and other Hunter pet information at the wonderful site:
http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/hunters# )

"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote in message
> Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
> class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
> passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
> cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
> and I think they will make a good team.

You already know Growl by default if you took the followup quest from that
same NPC. You were likely sent to Ironforge to speak to a Hunter trainer
there and they gave you things like Rez Pet. Open your Train Pet window by
clicking on the Slingshot icon that is under the General tab or your
spellbook iirc (could be Beast Mastery and Feed Pet is in general, I get
those two confused, lol). You will see a list of things you know and can
teach your pet and it shows how many training points your pet has. Pet
training points increase as it's loyalty increases (they are unrelated to
the pets level, only it's loyalty level).

> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).

Train your pet in Growl at a minimum. Growl WILL keep mobs off you until
your Agility gets very high and you start getting big crits very regularly.
Not having kept a pig as a pet I am guessing here that it could be taught
Bite and Dash (at the proper level). Both of these would be valuable. I
doubt it could be taught Claw. I am unsure whether or not it could be
taught Cower. Someone recommended the WoW Hunter Boards, I concur, there is
a list of pet types and what they can learn in there (a link in a sticky
post iirc).

To learn a skill from a creature you must put your pig in the Stable (Stable
Masters are at various towns usually but not always near Inns). You are now
petless so you can go tame a creature with an ability you want to learn.
Once you've tamed it, fight with it until a message shows up saying you have
learned the skill. Usually killing one or two mobs with the new pet will
teach you the skill. If you aren't sure if you learned it, look in the
Train Pet box and it will be listed with the other skills if you have
learned it. If you haven't it won't be in the list. Once in your list you
can Abandon the new pet, get your pig out of the Stable and train it in the
new skill, assuming it has enough training points and the skill is learnable
by a pig.

> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?

No. Growl, Cower, Bite, Claw, Dash (land animal), Dart (air animal) are the
only learnable abilities iirc. Dash is the nearest equivalent since it
causes the pet to approach the mob being attacked very quickly (much like
charge but without the increased damage when it gets there). I can't recall
when a pet can learn Dash 1, but I'm pretty sure it's not until at least the
20's, I'm thinking 30ish even, maybe. Look for a link to the Good
Intentions, a WoW Guild site. They have an excellent Hunter's Pet link on
the left of their main page. It will show you the mob, zone and level each
skill can be learned and taught.

> One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
> good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
> use (shes always had a hunter) and she always
>
> Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot
>
> I personally would
>
> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

Most effective to "keep the flack off you" is, set fire trap, send pet, let
pet Growl, hit Follow command on pet command line, when mob gets near fire
trap hit Attack command on pet command line, making sure mob hits trap, pet
will Growl again. Sting shot, Arcane shot, let autoshot continue until
Arcane shot refreshes. If mob is not already almost dead you can either
Arcane or Aimed shot.

I personally found that Aimed shot was not that effective. In the time it
took me to fire one Aimed shot I could have shot an Arcane shot and a couple
or three regular shots. When you get your Agility high and improve your
Crit damage and chance to Crit with talents you will find that the regular
and sizeable crits on basic autoshot, Stings, and occassional Arcane Shot
seem perfectly adequate to down mobs quickly with much less mana use than
Aimed Shot. (Less mana use means less downtime means more mobs killed means
more gold and experience.)

Too many times I had the mob turn and start running toward me while my Aimed
Shot was waiting to go off. I lost that time I could have been doing damage
with autoshot plus the opportunity to use Concussion Shot to slow or stun
the mob and do even more damage as it approached. The tradeoff of more mana
and minimal if any overall dps increase made me move Aimed Shot to specific
situations in which I needed a "for sure" big hit, say at the end of a
runner's life. Then it is useful if you have a VERY good sense of when to
start Aimed Shot so it goes off at the proper time. Otherwise the only use
I had for Aimed Shot was the "ooh, ahhh" effect when I happened to get a big
crit on it. Even if the overall dps of the shot didn't impress me, the raw
number hovering over the mobs head on a big Aimed Shot crit does in fact
look "ooh, ahhh" ish. ;)

Hope that Helps and Happy Hunting! :)

"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote in message
> Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
> class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
> passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
> cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
> and I think they will make a good team.
>

> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?
>
> One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
> good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
> use (shes always had a hunter) and she always
>
> Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot
>
> I personally would
>
> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

If you want to know what beats have what abilities, check this out...
http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/
Click on "Hunter pets"

On 30 Jun 2005 11:34:15 -0700, trawetstrebor@hotmail.com wrote:

>"One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
>pets abilities so as another pet can use them. How do I do this? and
>does it apply to things like wolves being able to hamstring? ( I think
>it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy). Also, does my pig retain
>its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?"
>
>You can learn one or two things from the pet trainer in town. Cower,
>and maybe Growl too I think. (It's been while.)
>
>But Bite, and Claw, and now Dash and Dive, are abilities that you must
>"learn" from a pet.
>
>Basically you get the pet that has this ability. The Bear in
>Ashenvale, for example, has Claw. Not all Bears have Claw. Tame one,
>then check to see if it has this ability. Your pet will have it's own
>tab on the Skills & Abilities page.
>
>So you stable your current pet, or the one you want to give this new
>ability to. (Remember that as they level up they'll need updated
>training in their abilities too. You'll be doing this a couple of
>times.)
>
>Go out, tame a beast with the ability you want to learn. Make it
>somewhat happy and get it to attack a few things. At some point you'll
>get the message that you learned the ability from the pet. At that
>point you can release the pet, return to the stable, get your main pet
>and train him provided he has the talent points to spend.
>
>Recently I've brought my hunter out of retirement so I could get some
>new abilities for my pet. He has level 4 of growl, claw, and bite, and
>I wanted to train him in Dash too. (He was originally called King
>Bangalash in his former life before being captured by me. Now he's
>simply called Royalty.) Anyway, he's a fast cat and I want to maintain
>him. (Most of my talent points have gone into Beast Mastery.)
>
>I found he could learn Dash 2 so I stabled him, went to the Badlands,
>and tamed myself a Ridge Stalker Patriarch. He had Dash 2 and I'm
>going to have to exercise him a bit and learn it from him. I can't
>keep him since he's many levels below Royalty.
>
>So, in short, you have to use a pet that has the ability you want to
>learn and you'll quickly learn it from him. And the innate abilities
>of some creatures are not kept once you tame them. (Though you will
>keep the speed of the original animal you'll lose the original unique
>abilities, like the wolf's for example.)
>
>As for pet use, I've developed a very tenacious and fast tank, and put
>lots of extra loving (talent points) into it. Some will tag the mob
>with a concussive shot early on. I have no need. Once my pet latches
>on, it has the undivided attention of the mob. I fire the Serpent
>Sting first and get that damage started, then the Arcane Shot. (I also
>wear high agility armor, and not the chain mail, since I'm never, so
>very rarely, attacked directly.)

Does anyone have any idea what creature I could get Dash off outside
of IronForge area. The boars all seem to have it, but for some reason
mine doesn't seem to be able to do it since being captured.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:30:16 GMT, "Vladesch"
<vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote:

>"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote in message
>> Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
>> class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
>> passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
>> cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
>> and I think they will make a good team.
>>

>> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
>> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
>> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
>> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
>> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?
>>
>> One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
>> good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
>> use (shes always had a hunter) and she always
>>
>> Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot
>>
>> I personally would
>>
>> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
>> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
>> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
>> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.
>>

>If you want to know what beats have what abilities, check this out...
>http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/
>Click on "Hunter pets"

THanks for all the helpful answers. I figured out how to train my
Piggy, "Bibou". Last night she helped me slaughter 5 wolves at once 2
lvl 8 two lvl 9 and a 10, not bad for a lvl 8 Porker that bites.

On 1 Jul 2005 05:33:33 -0700, trawetstrebor@hotmail.com wrote:

>Dash is a higher level ability. What the boars have is more like a
>Warrior's Charge than the dash ability the pets can learn. Lots of
>creatures have abilities they will lose once you tame them and make
>them yours. What they will retain is their unique coloration and their
>speed. Some used to retain their resists, but I think that changed.
>
>Looking for Dash, unless you can find a Level 30 creature outside of
>Ironforge, aside from the random Troll and Orc raiders, you'll need to
>look in a higher level area.
>
>For Dash 1, requiring pet level 30 to learn, creatures that have it:
>
>· Badlands: Crag Coyote (36), Elder Crag Wolf (?)
>· Desolace: Magram Bonepaw (37-38)
>· Stranglethorn Vale: Stranglethorn Tigers (32-33)
>· Swamp of Sorrows: Swamp Jaguar (37)
>
>The Swamp Jaguar also has a nice and high attack speed.
>
>For Dash 2:
>
>· Badlands: Broken Tooth (37), Ridge Stalker Patriarch
>· Blasted Lands: Ashmane Boar (48)
>· Feralas: Longtooth Runner (40-41)
>· Hinterlands: Old Cliff Jumper (42), Silvermane Stalker (48)
>· Stranglethorn Vale: Bhag'Thera (Elite 43), Elder Shadowmaw Panther
>(41-43)
>· Tanaris: Blisterpaw Hyena (41-42), Starving Blisterpaw (42)
>
>(this and other Hunter pet information at the wonderful site:
>http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/hunters# )

No high speed piggery for me for a long while yet then. I've never
even heard of most of these places, they sound all hordey) Thanx again
for all the info.

Vertoobli wrote:
> Just started my first hunter. It seems to me to be a really good
> class, not too ropey, even though I have no crowd control. Having just
> passed the Pet training test at lvl 10, I now have a pet piggy, I know
> cats do more DPS and Bears are tough etc. But the Piggy suits my Dwarf
> and I think they will make a good team.
>

> One thing thats confusing me, is that I can apparently "record" one
> pets abilities so as another pet can use them.
> How do I do this? and does it apply to things like wolves being able
> to hamstring? ( I think it would be a beneficial skill for a piggy).
> Also, does my pig retain its Charge ability when I made it into a pet?
>
> One last thing (yeah, multitopic,) Is a debate between myself and my
> good lady. Even though I don't have aimed shot yet, I have noted her
> use (shes always had a hunter) and she always
>
> Send Pet ->concussive Shot -> aimed shot
>
> I personally would
>
> Send Pet -> Aimed Shot -> Concussive
> Using the "big" magic arrow attack that I currently have, its in
> place of Aimed shot. Which is more effective? Bearing in mind, by
> effective I mean, which keeps the flack off me most.

When grinding average mobs, I generally use:

1) Send in pet and let him get a couple hits in for aggro.
2) Viper Sting (Arcane shot for resistant mobs like elementals)
3) Use auto-shot until mob dies.

4) If Viper Sting wears off, give him another hit to refresh it.
5) If the pet loses aggro, give the mob a Consussive shot to slow him
down so I can pour more shots into him before he gets in melee range --
possibly kiting him a while until he dies or the pet gets his
attention again.

This has the advantage of keeping my mana bar pretty much full all the
time -- a definite advantage if you get an add, the pet starts to take
too much damage or things just start to go sour.

Saving your big guns for when you *need* them reduces your downtime and
lets you grind continuously.

-Alan
-Lyvanna Lvl60 NE Hunter on Thunderhorn

I mostly use Aimed shot in group PvP situations like the Alterac
battlegrounds. In these situations you may only get one shot at an
enemy player and a big aimed shot will often take them down before they
can run out of range. Of course, I can get over 2400 dmg when an aimed
shot crits with my hunter. :)

-Alan
-Lyvanna Lvl 60 NE Hunter

Vertoobli wrote:
> No high speed piggery for me for a long while yet then. I've never
> even heard of most of these places, they sound all hordey) Thanx again
> for all the info.

No, they're all basically neutral, like most high-level zones. The
Badlands is an easy one for Alliance, it's due south of Loch Modan, so
you can poke your nose in and look for a crag coyote with no problems
(other than being eaten by the crag coyotes, of course).

Cheers!
David...

The kill took my wife by surprise. She's been playing longer then I have
and thought we would die a glorious death trying to avenge the level 13
hunters death. She thought it was more the Warrior wasn't skilled in PVP
with multiple players. She told me that he could have either been the type
to kill low levels to avoid fights, or a Ebayer. Since then we've only had
two other PVP fights, both ended in decisive victories for us. both were
above our level at the time, a 36 and two 32's. Seems the pets have a lot
to do with it. Since I rarely PVP I don't have any history to relate to. I
do know that by buffing the pets, we rarely take any damage when fighting
the mob's in quests.