Windows Explorer Opens New Window

April 21, 2005 3:47:38 PM

Somehow I have developed the problem of Windows Explorer opening a new
window when clicking a folder in the right hand pane. I have double,
tripled and quadrupled checked the options under tools, and it definitedly
says to use the same window. Help!

More about : windows explorer opens window

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:49:41 PM

"John Drees" <jazzin@cox.net> wrote:

>Somehow I have developed the problem of Windows Explorer opening a new
>window when clicking a folder in the right hand pane. I have double,
>tripled and quadrupled checked the options under tools, and it definitedly
>says to use the same window. Help!

Create a new user account and see if this happens from here as well.
If not, see "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151) for about how to replace
your current account.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

John,

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell

In the right-pane, right-click (default) and choose Delete. It should read
"Value not set"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User