Windows Explorer Opens New Window

Somehow I have developed the problem of Windows Explorer opening a new
window when clicking a folder in the right hand pane. I have double,
tripled and quadrupled checked the options under tools, and it definitedly
says to use the same window. Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer opens window

    "John Drees" <jazzin@cox.net> wrote:

    >Somehow I have developed the problem of Windows Explorer opening a new
    >window when clicking a folder in the right hand pane. I have double,
    >tripled and quadrupled checked the options under tools, and it definitedly
    >says to use the same window. Help!

    Create a new user account and see if this happens from here as well.
    If not, see "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151) for about how to replace
    your current account.

    --
    (tm)

    John,

    Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell

    In the right-pane, right-click (default) and choose Delete. It should read
    "Value not set"

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "John Drees" <jazzin@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Somehow I have developed the problem of Windows Explorer opening a new
    > window when clicking a folder in the right hand pane. I have double,
    > tripled and quadrupled checked the options under tools, and it definitedly
    > says to use the same window. Help!

Configuration Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP