GPU Drivers

Luke117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hello. I'm kind of new into PC stuff so I probably sound pretty nooby
I got a new graphics card and I'm replacing my onboard gpu. Do I have to Uninstall the drivers to the onboard GPU before I install the drivers for my new gpu or does it not matter? Thanks!

Im upgrading from and onboard nVidia GeForce 6150SE to a Sapphire ATi HD 6570

aaronabey

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Are you replacing a video card in your horizontal slot? or are you refering to only the vertical actual onboard video card? because the *Nvidia Geforce 6150 se to the Sapphire ati HD 6570 * is all on the horizontal slot for your pci-e spot. I'm just wondering why your even messing with the onboard video card *the one that comes with your motherboard is what I'm thinking your meaning if not discard this* because if your just replacing your pci-e slot then just simply Turn your computer off Add your new card to your slot then make sure your plugging into your new video card spot with your hdmi or other conectors and see if you get a picture on your load up. if not then place your conector back on the onboard let it boot up shut down comp again and on load up screen go to Bios menu then in that menu make your PCI-e slot your primary. then load up again and this time it will have to detect your card that is there, and then from there you just simply go to driver update website for your card do updates, and uninstall old drivers for other card *nvidia* Hope that helps at all if replaced my card a few times, having few issues with my new one myself but i think its DOA and that may be my issue cuz other Graphics card works fine. any ways try that out if no one else suggested a easier alternative yet.