Nzxt hale82 750w vs CM silent pro 600w, which should I get?

rmaero

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
so basically that's the question. money is tight, nzxt's is cheaper than CoolerMaster's. not to mention the 150w of difference.
so, which?
thanks in advance!

What is your budget and where are you buying from?

The only area where the Cooler Master is better than the NZXT is fan speed and noise; the NZXT has a 12cm fan and minimum speed of 1000RPM and reaches 2000RPM on full load.
Whereas the M600's 13.5cm fan reaches 1000RPM at full load.

rmaero

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
my specs are i7 3770k, 2*4gb mushkin @2133 (1.65V) hd5770. 1wd blue 500gb and 1 wd green 1tb. motherboard is gigabyte z77x ud5h.
I know it's not fair, but it will never be. Not even with two products from the same make and model. I know silent pro, a friend owns an M700 and we crossfired his 5770 with mine just to see how it works, and the psu did its job flawlessly.

Although the price of the hale82 made me doubt about getting the silent pro. My guess is that nzxt's is better quality, (I know this is stupid) but silent pro has bigger heatsinks :p

I'm buying form local retailers here in Argentina. hale82 750 is around 200 US dollars (plus shipping, which would be around 10 dollars more) where M600 is 230 dollars.
there's little difference between those prices, also I can get hale82 650w version for 180 dollars (plus shipping) which in terms of power is a little close to silent pro. also with the difference I was thinking of buying a few fans for the case.

sound isn't much of an issue since my case has bottom-mounted psu.

I would not go so far as to say Hale82 is better amuffin Silent pro series are actually just about the only solid reliable psu CM sells imo.Yes most CM PSU tend to be garbage but not silent pro series.I am not sure which would be a better choice.

Hi - agree with amuffin - go with nzxt (Seasonic build) even tho there's nothing wrong with
this particular CM model: The NZXT is cheaper and equally as well built if not better
than the CM.

Tom

Hi again - Save the $20 and go for the Hale 650w (still more than you need)

rmaero

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

I'm sure it's more than I need, my question was between nzxt's and CM's :p
guess I'll go with that one, it's cheaper and seems to be a very powerful psu
I'll order it and hope to have it here by wednesday :D
thanks for all your help people!! really appreciate it
I'll see you around