sunkenau

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at getting a Internal Capcard so I can stream from my PS3.. the card I am looking at is a PCI card and currently 1 of my PCI slots is being covered by my video card.. The other PCI slot is taken up by my soundcard.. Am I able to put my video card in the PICe slot 2 and leave 1 empty so I don't cover my PCI slot??

If not or if it slows it down, what other option do I have apart from purchasing an external cap card which I really don't want to do...

My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 Motherboard
My Videocard is Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 Overclocked Edition

Thanks,
SunkenAU

You have only 1 PCI slot, all the rest are PCIE slots with different speeds. The first PCIE 2.0 slots are rated @ X16 you should put your card in any of them.

The other PCIE 2.0 slots are rated @ X4 which you shouldn't put your HD 6870 in any of them.

sunkenau

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Yes sorry, I get confused with what is what... The image below will explain it better, my 1st X1 slot is taken and I require the 2nd.. the red rectangle is where my video card currently sits, above the slot. Well its much larger but you get the idea

2guipn7.jpg

sunkenau

Honorable
May 4, 2012
Thanks, Appreciate the help. Just wanted to really make sure because the capcard isnt cheap at all and if i got it and wasn't able to put it in.... I would flip my desk...

Once again thank you all and sorry for the confusion

TRENDING THREADS