moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hi all never built or even purchased a gaming pc and so far is been a rough experinace,I want a powerful machine that i can later upgrade to do video editing in probably two years(or would i have to buy a new one buy then?)

Approximate Purchase Date: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: 800-900 after Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming,watching high rez movies,streaming movies/tv shows/video chat/maybe video editing

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor?, speakers, OS but still open to suggetions of good ones

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: open to all

Parts Preferences:none

Overclocking: Maybe?not really sure why i would need it

SLI or Crossfire:Maybe?If suggested or if i need it

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments:I want to(if at all possible)not have to worry if my system can run a game on high if not highest settings,

Honestly not sure if i should buy prebuilt or build it my self yet,Really appreciate any help thanks in advance

g-unit1111

Titan
This will give you a far better system than anything you could get pre-built:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.98 @ Outlet PC)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.86 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($247.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $829.32
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-07-27 14:06 EDT-0400)

You could even add an SSD to this build and still barely top $900.

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I thought i posted a thanks already but i guess it didn't go through so thanks again
I've been looking around at the site and decided to up my budget to 1000k with this build(if its compatible/makes since)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dgQR not sure if im spending to much on unnecessary things like 128 ssd

so do i have to build this myself?Is there a site i could use or is it somewhat simple to do myself?

also with this new budget i was trying to find a new case that "looked better" and maybe had more ports and was smaller and somehow better?
plan on moving soon so was going to throw this in my suit case

g-unit1111

Titan

It's pretty simple to build it yourself - after hooking in all the case headers and screwing down the motherboard, everything else hooks into place. That build looks good - but I'd stay away from that SSD - OCZ - even with the Indilinx controller - has horrendous reliability. Read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vertex-4-firmware-benchmark,3245.html

The Octane uses the same controller as the Vertex 4.

That review is the complete opposite of what you say it says, g-unit.
"OCZ certainly ups the Vertex 4's game with its new software, and we commend the fact that the company is striving to improve its products. If you were happy enough with Vertex 4 to buy the drive after our original review, surely you were happy to see the SSD's performance get even better in firmware 1.5. We chimed in after that update to let you know the conditions under which you'd see more performance. And now, with firmware 1.5, the efficiency in switching from storage mode to performance mode is improved. OCZ has even made mention of a firmware 1.6 in the works, suggesting further improvements are planned."