Transfers, A good idea?

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 30, 2005 4:53:36 PM

Ok, Having started WoW on Day one as PvE player, I have only really
PvPed by accident, or in Raids, or just because I saw someone yellow.
Yes, I have thrown my lvl 8 Gnomish mages might at Platemail wearing
Cowpeople, and even when I'm getting slaughtered, its fun. So, I could
go and play PvP maybe, even though getting ganked could get boring.

I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
Imagine. just push to lvl 40 or so, easy on quests, then POP you can
go to the X-roads and have endless fun, without the "trauma" of random
PvP encounters for the duration of your chars life. Is it Fair??
That said, I would actually like to transfer one of my chars to an RP
server, because I think it would be fun.

More about : transfers good idea

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 30, 2005 6:14:10 PM

"Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:

> I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
> and I'm really not sure its a good idea.

They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.

> Imagine. just push to lvl 40 or so, easy on quests, then POP you can
> go to the X-roads and have endless fun

If you call ganking fun, most alliance folks have enough fun raping
XR by sheer numbers anyway :-) No need to become 40 for that.

> without the "trauma" of random
> PvP encounters for the duration of your chars life. Is it Fair??

If you think you won't get ganked after level 40, you better don't
go to a PvP server. People can still kick your butt when you're 60
without risking anything, if you are alone and they aren't.

> That said, I would actually like to transfer one of my chars to an RP
> server, because I think it would be fun.

See above. If your server isn't one of those which allow transfers,
there's nothing you can do.

Chris

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

i heard that transfering from PVE to PVP will be possible... (in
future).
But, as Christian wrote: u will be ganked after lvl 40 also (im ONLY
ganked after lvl 40... before that there is not much fun gankin i
think... ok.. a few times i got ganked in stonetalon at lvl 25 or so..
but really often only around lvl 40 in Stranglethorn and around lvl
50-55 at Un'Goro.... after that many player know that if ur solo and
they arent it wouldnt be a fair fight and let me often live... (im
Horde druid).
For Example at lvl 56 i was in area west of Un'Goro (dont know name
atm) and another lvl 56 druid (ally) was doin the same quest. so.. if i
had tried to kill him, he would do also.. so= no one can quest. We
/hello each other and then used /help and those things to quest
together...
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 30, 2005 6:33:52 PM

On 2005-06-30 14:14:10 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
<wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:

> "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:
>
>> I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
>> and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
>
> They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.

And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE realm
to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to another PvP
realm.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 55 - Bloodscalp EU

Jack D wrote:
> On 2005-06-30 14:14:10 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
> <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:
>
>> "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
>>> and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
>>

>> They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.
>

> And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE realm
> to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to another PvP
> realm.

In fact, you can move from a PvP realm to a PvE realm, but not the other
way round.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 1, 2005 4:40:06 AM

Stavros Christoforou wrote:
> Jack D wrote:
>> And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE
>> realm to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to
>> another PvP realm.
>
> In fact, you can move from a PvP realm to a PvE realm, but not the other
> way round.

Which PvP realm and which PvE realm allowed such a transfer? I certainly
never heard of it happening.

Cheers!
David...
!