Transfers, A good idea?

Ok, Having started WoW on Day one as PvE player, I have only really
PvPed by accident, or in Raids, or just because I saw someone yellow.
Yes, I have thrown my lvl 8 Gnomish mages might at Platemail wearing
Cowpeople, and even when I'm getting slaughtered, its fun. So, I could
go and play PvP maybe, even though getting ganked could get boring.

I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
Imagine. just push to lvl 40 or so, easy on quests, then POP you can
go to the X-roads and have endless fun, without the "trauma" of random
PvP encounters for the duration of your chars life. Is it Fair??
That said, I would actually like to transfer one of my chars to an RP
server, because I think it would be fun.
5 answers Last reply
More about transfers good idea

    "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:

    > I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
    > and I'm really not sure its a good idea.

    They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.

    > Imagine. just push to lvl 40 or so, easy on quests, then POP you can
    > go to the X-roads and have endless fun

    If you call ganking fun, most alliance folks have enough fun raping
    XR by sheer numbers anyway :-) No need to become 40 for that.

    > without the "trauma" of random
    > PvP encounters for the duration of your chars life. Is it Fair??

    If you think you won't get ganked after level 40, you better don't
    go to a PvP server. People can still kick your butt when you're 60
    without risking anything, if you are alone and they aren't.

    > That said, I would actually like to transfer one of my chars to an RP
    > server, because I think it would be fun.

    See above. If your server isn't one of those which allow transfers,
    there's nothing you can do.

    Chris

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (53) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    i heard that transfering from PVE to PVP will be possible... (in
    future).
    But, as Christian wrote: u will be ganked after lvl 40 also (im ONLY
    ganked after lvl 40... before that there is not much fun gankin i
    think... ok.. a few times i got ganked in stonetalon at lvl 25 or so..
    but really often only around lvl 40 in Stranglethorn and around lvl
    50-55 at Un'Goro.... after that many player know that if ur solo and
    they arent it wouldnt be a fair fight and let me often live... (im
    Horde druid).
    For Example at lvl 56 i was in area west of Un'Goro (dont know name
    atm) and another lvl 56 druid (ally) was doin the same quest. so.. if i
    had tried to kill him, he would do also.. so= no one can quest. We
    /hello each other and then used /help and those things to quest
    together...

    On 2005-06-30 14:14:10 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:

    > "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
    >> and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
    >
    > They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.

    And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE realm
    to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to another PvP
    realm.
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 55 - Bloodscalp EU

    Jack D wrote:
    > On 2005-06-30 14:14:10 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    > <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> said:
    >
    >> "Vertoobli" <motoko@null.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I now hear on the grapevine that Blizz might be working on Transfers
    >>> and I'm really not sure its a good idea.
    >>

    >> They're limited from certain high pop to low pop servers, afaik.
    >

    > And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE realm
    > to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to another PvP
    > realm.

    In fact, you can move from a PvP realm to a PvE realm, but not the other
    way round.

    Stavros Christoforou wrote:
    > Jack D wrote:
    >> And the transfer are setup such that you can only move from a PvE
    >> realm to another PvE realm, from PvP realm you can only move to
    >> another PvP realm.
    >
    > In fact, you can move from a PvP realm to a PvE realm, but not the other
    > way round.

    Which PvP realm and which PvE realm allowed such a transfer? I certainly
    never heard of it happening.

    Cheers!
    David...

World Of Warcraft Warcraft Video Games