e-mail address

HOW CAN I ASSIGN A KEY FUNCTION LIKE A SHORTCUT, AND TYPE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS
SO I DON'T HAVE T ?
12 answers Last reply
More about mail address

    CHEECH10 wrote:
    > HOW CAN I ASSIGN A KEY FUNCTION LIKE A SHORTCUT, AND TYPE MY E-MAIL
    > ADDRESS SO I DON'T HAVE T ?

    I suggest you make yourself familiar with the caps lock key function before
    you start worrying about anything else. All caps is considered yelling, is
    incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read.

    Caps Lock is just capitol letters, nothing more. It is only yelling in your
    own mind.

    Jeez some people are so highly strung that any chance to tell someone off
    will do. Get over yourself and lighten up.

    Andy

    PS If you really find caps hard to read I would go see an optician soon.

    Andrew Bailey wrote:
    > Caps Lock is just capitol letters, nothing more. It is only yelling
    > in your own mind.

    Another non-classical education! "CapitOl" is the top of a pillar, or a hill
    in Rome. What YOU mean't was "capitAl"

    "mean't" ??

    Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
    > "mean't" ??
    >

    > "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Andrew Bailey wrote:
    >>> Caps Lock is just capitol letters, nothing more. It is only yelling
    >>> in your own mind.
    >>
    >> Another non-classical education! "CapitOl" is the top of a pillar,
    >> or a hill in Rome. What YOU mean't was "capitAl"

    Touche!

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon wrote:
    > Andrew Bailey wrote:
    >> Caps Lock is just capitol letters, nothing more. It is only yelling
    >> in your own mind.
    >
    > Another non-classical education! "CapitOl" is the top of a pillar, or
    > a hill in Rome. What YOU mean't was "capitAl"

    Gordon,

    Your turn to be criticised - 'meant' doesn't require an apostrophe.

    Andrew Bailey wrote:
    > Caps Lock is just capitol letters, nothing more. It is only yelling
    > in your own mind.
    >
    > Jeez some people are so highly strung that any chance to tell someone
    > off will do. Get over yourself and lighten up.
    >
    > Andy
    >
    > PS If you really find caps hard to read I would go see an optician
    > soon.

    SO YOU DO NOT FIND THIS IRRITATING AND DIFFICULT TO READ THEN? I SUGGEST YOU
    LEARN ABOUT NETIQUETTE BECAUSE YOU'RE IGNORANT. A SCREEN FULL OF CAPITALS IS
    VERY HARD TO READ. MAY I SUGGEST YOU READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE EVER POSTING
    TO USENET AGAIN.

    I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS CAPITALS ANNOYING. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE
    SOMEONE IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU (WHICH THIS EFFECTIVELY IS) TO START YELLING
    AT YOU?

    Read, inwardly digest and, above all, LEARN!!

    How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    How to Act Smart on Usenet

    Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

    How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:02:19 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    > SO YOU DO NOT FIND THIS IRRITATING AND DIFFICULT TO READ THEN?

    Oddly I "shout" mentally when reading caps. Don't know why but that's how
    it works for me. But that's a personal problem... On the practical side,
    studies show that word recognition is more difficult when all capital
    letters are used.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Yes, it is a very slow read because capital letters are all at exactly the
    same height (fast readers recognize word "shapes," not the individual
    letters one by one).
    Since normal text only uses all-caps for strong emphasis (much more than
    italics, for instance, or even boldface), readers are conditioned to place
    emotional emphasis on the all-caps words, which is literally stressful.
    If the OP has a disability, then don't bother with caps at all.

    > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:02:19 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    >
    > > SO YOU DO NOT FIND THIS IRRITATING AND DIFFICULT TO READ THEN?
    >
    > Oddly I "shout" mentally when reading caps. Don't know why but that's how
    > it works for me. But that's a personal problem... On the practical side,
    > studies show that word recognition is more difficult when all capital
    > letters are used.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    No I don't find capitals irritating and difficult to read.

    But I do find your precious, sulky, grammar-police, whining rants annoying.

    Relax sweety... it's just a forum.

    Andy X

    > SO YOU DO NOT FIND THIS IRRITATING AND DIFFICULT TO READ THEN? I SUGGEST
    > YOU LEARN ABOUT NETIQUETTE BECAUSE YOU'RE IGNORANT. A SCREEN FULL OF
    > CAPITALS IS VERY HARD TO READ. MAY I SUGGEST YOU READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE
    > EVER POSTING TO USENET AGAIN.
    >
    > I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS CAPITALS ANNOYING. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE
    > SOMEONE IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU (WHICH THIS EFFECTIVELY IS) TO START
    > YELLING AT YOU?
    >
    > Read, inwardly digest and, above all, LEARN!!
    >
    > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > How to Act Smart on Usenet
    >
    > Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
    > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
    >
    > How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
    > http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >

    > --
    > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:45:51 GMT, Andrew Bailey wrote:

    > No I don't find capitals irritating and difficult to read.
    >
    > But I do find your precious, sulky, grammar-police, whining rants annoying.
    >
    > Relax sweety... it's just a forum.
    >
    > Andy X

    If she has ever offered any "real" advice, I missed it.
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "sf" <sf@gotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:45:51 GMT, Andrew Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> No I don't find capitals irritating and difficult to read.
    >>
    >> But I do find your precious, sulky, grammar-police, whining rants
    >> annoying.
    >>
    >> Relax sweety... it's just a forum.
    >>
    >> Andy X
    >>
    > If she has ever offered any "real" advice, I missed it.

    And that's relevant how? i DON'T CARE HOW A PERSON USES THEir CapS key as
    long as they have something INterestinG TO SAY. i'LL READ ANYTHING THAT'S
    INFORMATIVE. YOU PURISTS WHO DON'T, WELL, THAT'S YOUR OWN LOSS. I can just
    imagine how many of you have shot off your own FOOT or nose just to spite
    yourself, eh?

    I usually use correct "grammar", but I HAVE NO PROBLEM READING WHETHER IT'S
    ALL CAPS OR ALL LOWER CASE. tHE onlytime ifind reading hard atall, is when
    the person doesn't bother with any capitalization at all and won't put any
    extra spaces after a period or won't even use a period then it gets pretty
    hard to tell what they are saying anyway it's not that bad even then ifthe
    person hassom ethign to say that im intersted in.

    All in all, I think Sharon had the most lucid comments on the subject. What
    I do sometimes, actually most of the time, is simply respond in kind to the
    poster or the thread's already instituted setup. If it's been top posted I
    top post. If it's been bottom posted I bottom post. If it's inline, I'll
    inline. If it's all caps, I'll even use an all caps, but unless/until
    someone complains, I won't usually bother to mention it. If someone
    complains/flames, then I'll usually explain about the purists and
    narcissists and how they think they rule the world, but I'd prefer to just
    not worry about it.
    But I won't "fix" a posting setup like some of the purists I see do. I
    particularly enjoy it when someone starts a post with a note at the top that
    says:
    "Top posting corrected for chronology".
    Like, we're supposed to be eternally grateful for the fix? Life's just too
    good to ruin over something like this thread's subject.

    pOP

Configuration Email Customization Microsoft Windows XP