Gtx 670

simple question: i'm building a new gaming rig and want to play on a 40 inch 1920 - 1080 tv. i'm thinking the nvidia gtx 670 is the way to go if i want to play on max settings (totally do!) or is there something that will work as well for that that costs less? i'm trying to spend $350 on a card, will push it to $500 if i really have to but i just want the best for my money. thanks all!
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. The GTX 670 at this point in time is the best card for the money.
  2. fantastik250 said:
    The GTX 670 at this point in time is the best card for the money.

    ^+1 I agree

    I've been trying to justify the 7950 (still an absolutely great card) but for the price, and how much the 670 costs at the moment, I couldn't really accept it.
  3. ^+2 I agree too
  4. ok, so it really sounds like if i can swing the $400 or so than the 670 is tops. good deal, gotta get to modding skyrim and other stuff.
  5. misfitkid86 said:
    ok, so it really sounds like if i can swing the $400 or so than the 670 is tops. good deal, gotta get to modding skyrim and other stuff.


    Yup exactly :) have fun!
  6. I just picked up an EVGA 670 FTW for $378 on neweggbusiness. There's a 10% off promo code for any order if u open up an account. Some people have claimed that u can input your SS number in place of the EIN to open an account and get the 10% discount. I'd personally stay away from the $399 reference cards though. Seems some of those have had issues.
  7. The gigabyte Windforce is the way to go if in stock has stock price but aftermarket cooler and is on the 680 board and still standard 399 I got mine free ship and no tax so was exactly 399 that is awesome. Also yes I turn on every game I play put all settings to max and just play no finagleing with settings at all. I am on 1920x1200 also so thats even a little higher than y ours..

    Good luck it is worth it.

    Thent
  8. thently said:
    The gigabyte Windforce is the way to go if in stock has stock price but aftermarket cooler and is on the 680 board and still standard 399 I got mine free ship and no tax so was exactly 399 that is awesome. Also yes I turn on every game I play put all settings to max and just play no finagleing with settings at all. I am on 1920x1200 also so thats even a little higher than y ours..

    Good luck it is worth it.

    Thent

    rad, the gigabyte was the first one i looked at, the only reason i wasn't sold is because the clock speeds weren't as high as the asus stuff, but maybe i should just save money and overclock myself.
  9. You might want to re-think the TV. I tried that with a 42" plasma and it gave me headaches. At a couple of feet distance you can see flicker because refresh is slower and motion blur on TVs. I settled on a 27" LED monitor at 2560X1440. It is amazing. The 30" would be better. There is big difference in the price but there is a reason for it. Maybe try that viewing distance on a TV in a store (or your living room) and you be the judge.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics